Juan Gonzalez signed

spataro51

Rotoworld: Juan Gonzalez signs with the Royals a one year, 4 million dollar contract.

With this guy, nobody can predict how he can be (with the injury problems) but there is a tremendous upside. When healthy he is a very productive hitter and who will fit well into the newly revamped KC lineup. Sox will have tough seven games to start the season (KC,NYY: both away)

better KC having Juan Gon than us - might in fact be a huge plus for us once he decides he doesn't like waterfalls or Pena or the KC music scene or stockyards - once he finds his "beef" he will quit on them as he has done so many times before

KC has the best shot at the divison, but they lack proven pitchers. Sully is good, but overworked and starting to wear. Appier isn't good, MacDougle was exposed late last year and won't be as good. They have a lot of young pithcers and aging vets. nothing really in the middle like a Buerhle, Marte, nonetheless they are still probably going to win the divison with offense like the 2000 White Sox.

When you look at the current rosters, both teams have about the same offense, maybe the royals have a slight edge. If we don't trade Maggs, it will all come down to konerko's hitting. if he does what he has in the past, the Sox will have a better offense. Also, Crede will need to break out.

Hmmm every1 expects KC to be the team to beat now. I'm still not convinced they can win for a whole season. Let's see how they cope with bein da favs for once. Mayb this will help the White Sox, take some pressure off with us not bein da favs for once. Juan Gone was too much of an injury risk for my liking as well.

KC has the best shot at the divison, but they lack proven pitchers. Sully is good, but overworked and starting to wear.  Appier isn't good, MacDougle was exposed late last year and won't be as good.  They have a lot of young pithcers and aging vets.  nothing really in the middle like a Buerhle, Marte, nonetheless they are still probably going to win the divison with offense like the 2000 White Sox.

Well, I'm not sure if you should call KC's picthing "unproven." Most of them are proven veterans who do get the job done. Sully has been a workload more than just this season if you check his stats. He's actually said that he prefers being out there every chance he gets. I bet if he was still on the sox, you wouldn't be saying anything about him. ;) As far as MacDougle goes, you have to take into consideration, that was his rookie season. He is still young, and he had control problems.(that's why his walk total was pretty high) Being "exposed" is when you've been in the league more than one season. That's like saying the league figured out Joe Crede's weakness in batting. I still don't think KC has the pitching we have (can't believe i acually said that) and their offense is still not as good as ours. (if Maggs is still here and if Konerko comes back to form.) Don't underestimate The Twinkies eigher. Minnesota is still very dangerous even after losing alot of their players. But we shall see. It's going to be a race to the finish. :bringit

There's a lot of talk about who's got what when it comes to the talent matchups between K.C. and Sox.The biggest advantage that I see for K.C. is wrapped up in 2 words! THEY"RE "HUNGRY"" If no Real Major improvements are made for the Sox, how will it effect the players, knowing that all we did is lessen ourselves, and others have beefed up. I can't see our "HUNGER DRIVE" being nearly that of K.C. unless KW pulls a few special rabbits out of his hat. Hunger won the World Series the last 3 years. When you have it, you play your best! If the fans are down now, what will they be like at The Cell everytime something doesn't go well. A Lot of Major Raggin'!!! Sox fans have it in for management now! How much more will it intesify when the season starts? And you know that the players will expect a lot more booooing because it! That will effect players as well! Regardless what happens during the season, the fans and players need something to be hungry and excited about. Uless something major takes place, our drive and lack of intensity will be by far, our biggest disadvantage. We need major fresh quality talent, if only for one thing.... To get this town and players "THE DRIVE" that is "NEEDED!!!"

That KC staff is full of kids, right? (Except for puss-arm Anderson). Well, those kids are not ready for the long haul of the major league season. We all watched some of them break down and fall to the wayside last year, didn't we? Wait until the humid and hot "dog days" of the Midwest gets to those young arms. It will have an effect, much as it did last year. Plus, does KC really think they can count on Kevin Appier for the season? That guy's arm is being held together with tape and bubble gum. Juan Gonzalez? Wow. They just signed the laziest piece of crap in the last decade - when isn't he hurt? Oh yeah, when he's spending his big money in the offseason. He doesn't work out, he doesn't exercise, he doesn't care - he just assumes he can get by on sheer "natural talent" alone. That mentality worked for him when he was a kid - he's not a kid anymore. He wouldn't know the concept of hard work if it bit him in the ass, and never will. He'll get some stupid nagging injury in May or June and sit out the rest of the season. His reputation and past history precedes him. A true waste of talent on a lazy loser who could have been a Hall-Of-Famer. Aww, too bad. Tsk tsk.

I don't care about all the "little pieces" that the Royals sign. They don't scare me one bit. Tony Pena and his Royals had their little dance with magic dust and mirrors last year, and it did them jack s***, didn't it - they still finished in 3rd place. There's no magic dust on that team anymore because they have come down to planet Earth and leveled out. Wow, they signed Scott "Mr. Mediocre" Sullivan, Juan "Gone On-The DL-Again" Gonzalez, Benito Santiago (including embalming fluid), Matt "The Blob" Stairs, and other teams' garbage and castoffs. Whoopee. Oh yeah, they got Graffy from us. Now I'm really scared. :bang

The team I'm more scared of - EVEN NOW - is the Twins. Yes, they have tons of attrition on their roster due to trades and free agency this offseason, but their minor league system is overloaded and bursting at the seams with talented kids just salivating for their chance to prove themselves. Every time they lose someone, they seem to fill that vacant spot without even taking a crap in-between. I'd be more worried about them than the "one-season wonder" Royals. The Royals are mere gnats - they irritate you for a while, but once you smack them, they disappear. POOF.

That KC staff is full of kids, right?  (Except for puss-arm Anderson).  Well, those kids are not ready for the long haul of the major league season.  We all watched some of them break down and fall to the wayside last year, didn't we?  Wait until the humid and hot "dog days" of the Midwest gets to those young arms.  It will have an effect, much as it did last year.  Plus, does KC really think they can count on Kevin Appier for the season?  That guy's arm is being held together with tape and bubble gum. Juan Gonzalez?  Wow.  They just signed the laziest piece of  crap in the last decade - when isn't he hurt?  Oh yeah, when he's spending his big money in the offseason.  He doesn't work out, he doesn't exercise, he doesn't care - he just assumes he can get by on sheer "natural talent" alone.  That mentality worked for him when he was a kid - he's not a kid anymore.  He wouldn't know the concept of hard work if it bit him in the ass, and never will.  He'll get some stupid nagging injury in May or June and sit out the rest of the season.  His reputation and past history precedes him. A true waste of talent on a lazy loser who could have been a Hall-Of-Famer.  Aww, too bad.  Tsk tsk. 

I don't care about all the "little pieces" that the Royals sign.  They don't scare me one bit.  Tony Pena and his Royals had their little dance with magic dust and mirrors last year, and it did them jack s***, didn't it - they still finished in 3rd place.  There's no magic dust on that team anymore because they have come down to planet Earth and leveled out.  Wow, they signed Scott "Mr. Mediocre" Sullivan, Juan "Gone On-The DL-Again" Gonzalez, Benito Santiago (including embalming fluid), Matt "The Blob" Stairs, and other teams' garbage and castoffs.  Whoopee.  Oh yeah, they got Graffy from us.  Now I'm really scared. :bang

The team I'm more scared of - EVEN NOW - is the Twins.  Yes, they have tons of attrition on their roster due to trades and free agency this offseason, but their minor league system is overloaded and bursting at the seams with talented kids just salivating for their chance to prove themselves.  Every time they lose someone, they seem to fill that vacant spot without even taking a crap in-between.  I'd be more worried about them than the "one-season wonder" Royals.  The Royals are mere gnats - they irritate you for a while, but once you smack them, they disappear.  POOF.

Some excellent points there Pas. KC doesn't hav one starter that scares me, not like da Twinkies who hav Radke and Johan Santana. For KC to win da division they need guys like Anderson, Hernandez etc. to win at least 10 guys for em. I seriously don't know if they can do that for a full season. But also the Twinkies pitching staff is gonna miss A.J Piersynski big time. Let's see how they handle the rookie Joe Mauer callin a game for em. Losin Rogers as well won't help, plus Mays and Milton r gone. If we've got 1 things goin for us it's still our rotation even if we don't hav Colon no more. If we can pick up 1 more good starter it could actually be the difference b/w makin da playoffs or another October on da golf course.

Rotoworld:  Juan Gonzalez signs with the Royals a one year, 4 million dollar contract. 

With this guy, nobody can predict how he can be (with the injury problems) but there is a tremendous upside.  When healthy he is a very productive hitter and who will fit well into the newly revamped KC lineup.  Sox will have tough seven games to start the season (KC,NYY: both away)

This is a great move by KC. They arent on the hook for a long term deal or a lot of money and there is nowhere to go but up.

DBAHO,

I'm not joking when I say that a team with a 79-83 (at worst), or a 82-80 (at best) record can win this division. It's the worst divison I've seen since the 1994 AL West, where (if I'm not mistaken), the Texas Rangers led the division with a 52-62 record (before the strike). They still would have won it anyways. Ugh.

DBAHO,

I'm not joking when I say that a team with a 79-83 (at worst), or a 82-80 (at best) record can win this division.  It's the worst divison I've seen since the 1994 AL West, where (if I'm not mistaken), the Texas Rangers led the division with a 52-62 record (before the strike).  They still would have won it anyways.  Ugh.

It's shows how weak our divison is when 4 teams in the AL East (Yanks, Red Sox, O's and Blue Jays) could all hav betta records than the winna of the AL Central. Also, If I'm the Indians I would of really built my team up a little more to win da division, they're not that far off either. They could still sign Pudge or even Vlad and then they'd be very dangerous.

If that's the Royals "big signing," then it's better for us than it is for them.

You get what you pay for. And they paid for a dud.

Kenny, here's your stage. Now perform and sing us a big-time song, man! Sing it with me, Kenny:

"I like Sidney. I like Sidney. I also love my left kidney.

I like Ponson. I like Ponson. I also love my young son.

I like my 3rd starter. I like my 3rd starter. Ponson.

Life is so much harder. Life is so much harder. Ponson.

But I got my free agent guy. And I'm so high. I could touch the sky.

My staff is good. And you knew it would - be so good.

Do wap. Do wap. Hell yeah. Hell yeah. White Sox - word up!"