The sox suck

TheHawk

The year the Sox signed Lofton (2002, i think, my memory is still clogged with egg nog) The Sox got off to a really hot start for the first few weeks of the season.  Then they went into the tank until they were out of contention, and then started to play well at the end.

That's right, I stand corrected. They were doing very well that year - until the cross-town games. They never recovered.

But I do stand by that they better get a good start (better then last year) and they need to have a positive attitude.

You can't win the playoffs in April but you sure can lose them.

That's right, I stand corrected.  They were doing very well that year - until the cross-town games.  They never recovered.

But I do stand by that they better get a good start (better then last year) and they need to have a positive attitude. 

You can't win the playoffs in April but you sure can lose them.

They were in first place (last Sunday in May) until the Tigers beat us and Keith Foulke was spun around by Jason Giambi. After that game we never regained confidence and it was over. Todd Ritchie became Todd Ritchie, Kennty Loften became Emancio Panchero (sp?,) Ray Durham became Felix something or other, yada, yada, yada.

My problem is I believe we will be dead in the water come post-season. But that has been the case for a few years.

If the Sox can get into the playoffs, I'll take my chances.

Gotta get in it to win it.

Doesn't matter how you get there - just ask that other Chicago team. 88 wins, then they beat a beatable Atlanta team and came within - say it with me - FIVE OUTS of the World Series.

ANYTHING can happen once you're in....

Doesn't matter how you get there - just ask that other Chicago team. 88 wins, then they beat a beatable Atlanta team and came within - say it with me - FIVE OUTS of the World Series.

In baseball its all about getting hot at the right time. But the Critic and a few others were right on the button. Once you get in the records are all 0-0 and its time to play.

In our case we need to come out of the gate in April and play like we have a f***ing purpose. If we come out motivated and hit the ground running I think that'll more than make up for any of the small deficiencies this team has right now.

Agreed Critic and sorry about my earilier post "silence the critics" I didn't mean it in that regard :lol: But remeber, That "other" team got into the playoffs with good pitching which is a question mark going into the season with us cause we still don't know who's our 4th or 5th starter (cause I just don't like Shoe in the rotation)

If E6 would ever stop batting RH and giving up automatic outs, maybe HE could be that guy...

Even if he gives up hitting RH it doesn't guarentee that he will hit lefties better. Robbie Alomar tried hitting only from the left side back when he was with Toronto and it didn't help any. He said he didn't see the ball well from a lefty when he batted LH.

The one big problem I can see coming already with Oz is that he is going to piss some people off.  He has already said some stupid s***, that maybe you can get away with as a player, but not as a manager.  I get the feeling we are going to see a full clubhouse rebellion at some point this year, if Oz doesn't QUICKLY learn to shut his mouth at key times.

Maybe the Sox need a manager that WILL piss someone off. That's not beyond the realm of possibility.

I know, isn't it?  :)

This guy has posted on here before, and it's been the same s***.  I don't care if this person only has 11 or 15 posts or whatever, each post has been this same s*** about the White Sox.

I get what you're saying.. but it's his opinion. Hell.. I've said worse about them lately. I just don't see the need to use the red guy... :ph34r:

Off the soap box....

I am on dakota boy's side - I will always back him up..

What are the issues?????

I used this little red guy as part of a post towards TheHawk ------> :fyou

But he's been on here before and really has offered very little to the conversation at times. Just had some pointless one-liners, like the White Sox suck.

Maybe it wasn't just because TheHawk posted it, maybe I used it because quite a few others were saying the same things without actually being that blatant about it. Maybe I can take someone saying "The White Sox suck", but I can't take it when all the person has to back it up with is "Let's face it." I don't think the Sox will be all that good this year, but that's because I think we are still a team that will ground into 150 DPs, is very slow, is very right-handed, has a mediocre rotation and a mediocre bullpen. Maybe it's also because our manager comes off as a dumbass.

Let's put the blame where the blame belongs; REINSDORK!!!!

This cheap ass tightwad is following in the footsteps of past ownerships by not spending enough to put a competitive team on the field.Chicago is the 3rd largest city in America.There is no excuse for this!! And don't give me this "they don't draw" bulls***!!

Who wants to play for this team?? No free agent I know of.Hey,the Royals just signed Juan Gonzalez today.That could go a long way in replacing the bat of Raul Ibanez.Kansas City is a smaller market than Chicago.Why can they make these moves and the Sox can't?? Please explain to this 41 year old Sox fan who has suffered with this team since 1970 (a year that saw the team win 56 games).

$ell Jerry $ell!!

Until the White Sox hoist the World Series trophy, or are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, they'll never be out of it, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you 100%. what gets me pissed is reading in here how the sox are gonna suck and this this and that. Please stop crying that they havent done s*** all offseason we all know that its been posted here so many times and im sure everyone here knows how to read so lets stop with that bull s*** rant its not helping. I really think this team will be fine but I'm a die hard Sox fan and support my team no matter what. Lets look at what this team has done when they went out and brought in these big guns lets just look. Belle back in the day they didnt do s***, Wells what did he do for us??? and then there is Koch and I think the wounds are still fresh enough from that hellish experiment. Look at 2000 there were no expectations on that team no major players added and look what came of it CENTRAL CHAMPS. dont lose faith in this team yet cause although they may not have the star power they have guys who are young and could really impact the team this year. Willie Harris may be the leadoff guy we need so badly, rowand could be and think will be a very solid player this year and our 2 guy in the line up. Our rotation will have question marks no dobt about it but when MB came up did anyone think he would be as good as he has been? Cotts will be our fifth and I can deal with that we need a fourth and maybe we dont maybe we bring up another young arm from the minor to fill both the 4th and 5th slots who cares. Be real fans and support our team no matter what and have a little faith they have no pressure on them this year so they wont be pressing so much and you know what that may be exactly what they needed. This team will make the playoff and unlike some in here I have never doubted that!!

I agree with you 100%. what gets me pissed is reading in here how the sox are gonna suck and this this and that. Please stop crying that they havent done s*** all offseason we all know that its been posted here so many times and im sure everyone here knows how to read so lets stop with that bull s*** rant its not helping. I really think this team will be fine but I'm a die hard Sox fan and support my team no matter what. Lets look at what this team has done when they went out and brought in these big guns lets just look. Belle back in the day they didnt do s***, Wells what did he do for us??? and then there is Koch and I think the wounds are still fresh enough from that hellish experiment. Look at 2000 there were no expectations on that team no major players added and look what came of it CENTRAL CHAMPS. dont lose faith in this team yet cause although they may not have the star power they have guys who are young and could really impact the team this year. Willie Harris may be the leadoff guy we need so badly, rowand could be and think will be a very solid player this year and our 2 guy in the line up. Our rotation will have question marks no dobt about it but when MB came up did anyone think he would be as good as he has been? Cotts will be our fifth and I can deal with that we need a fourth and maybe we dont maybe we bring up another young arm from the minor to fill both the 4th and 5th slots who cares. Be real fans and support our team no matter what and have a little faith they have no pressure on them this year so they wont be pressing so much and you know what that may be exactly what they needed. This team will make the playoff and unlike some in here I have never doubted that!!

We just signed Cliff Politte. Were in very good shape now. :D

Ya gotta believe! :cheers