A Winter f@#$ing wonderland

southsider2k5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, isn't that nice? Winter is such a great thing. I miss all that snow and below zero wind chills. It's beautiful, just coming off of a 75 degree weekend. It's a little colder now, but the birds are chirpin and the trees are buddin'. Spring's here in just a month or so... but three months there!

:lol:

Awww, isn't that nice?  Winter is such a great thing.  I miss all that snow and below zero wind chills.  It's beautiful, just coming off of a 75 degree weekend.  It's a little colder now, but the birds are chirpin and the trees are buddin'.  Spring's here in just a month or so... but three months there!

kap, it's a rough life, this Texas thing.... :lol:

man, it's freezing outside. (48 F) ;)

Sorry, I was busy picking fresh oranges off my tree and couldn't post sooner to share your pain. Very tasty this year. We had a fair amount of rain, which really helped. I'm a little sunburned from this past weekend.

Do not worry. Soon the warm weather and slush and mud will be everywhere.

Awww, isn't that nice?  Winter is such a great thing.  I miss all that snow and below zero wind chills.  It's beautiful, just coming off of a 75 degree weekend.  It's a little colder now, but the birds are chirpin and the trees are buddin'.  Spring's here in just a month or so... but three months there!

I'll gladly take this over 40 straight 100+ degree days.

We'll get to 100 and once every 10-15 years 110 degrees, but it's mostly 75-85 all summer.

And winter isn't bad when it isn't snowing once every 4 hours and the temperature isn't below 0(like it is right now....WeatherBug says -5, and we've gotten down to about -25 here too....too f***ing cold, that's frostbite cold if you're not careful or are stupid)

BTW, just thought I'd tell a story. Today in the morning the wind chill got down to -40 so it was colder then s*** outside. Today was also Hawaiian day at school. You factor those two things in plus the fact that there are always idiots in the crowd, and we have dumbasses coming into the school with shorts and sandals on.

Can someone explain to me what would drive a person to do such a dumbass thing? :huh:

I'll gladly take this over 40 straight 100+ degree days.

We'll get to 100 and once every 10-15 years 110 degrees, but it's mostly 75-85 all summer.

And winter isn't bad when it isn't snowing once every 4 hours and the temperature isn't below 0(like it is right now....WeatherBug says -5, and we've gotten down to about -25 here too....too f***ing cold, that's frostbite cold if you're not careful or are stupid)

BTW, just thought I'd tell a story.  Today in the morning the wind chill got down to -40 so it was colder then s*** outside.  Today was also Hawaiian day at school.  You factor those two things in plus the fact that there are always idiots in the crowd, and we have dumbasses coming into the school with shorts and sandals on. 

Can someone explain to me what would drive a person to do such a dumbass thing?  :huh:

It's gonna suck when in about 3 weeks it stays at 65-75 and sunny every day until june...

it's gonna suck this summer when I'm not working more than 15 hours a week and still making more than I am now... plenty o' sun for me.

it may get up to 100 a couple days this week. luckly EVERYTHING here is a/c'ed

It's gonna suck when in about 3 weeks it stays at 65-75 and sunny every day until june...

it's gonna suck this summer when I'm not working more than 15 hours a week and still making more than I am now... plenty o' sun for me.

it may get up to 100 a couple days this week. luckly EVERYTHING here is a/c'ed

That sounds terrible, don't forget to bundle up

We got a little over 6 inches in Plainfield.... 3 accidents before I got to the White Hen..  :headshake

[shameless plug] When you run out of anything, run out to White Hen! [/shameless plug]

I'm not really sick of the snow, just the damn wind chill. It can STOP being windy now whenever you want! Whoever invented wind during the winter is not nice. :(

About 1 foot of snow came on Long Island today..

Yeah but what was the temp?

See up here, it's not only 20 below every day we also have gotten about 1-3 inches each day for what seems like the past week.

You wanna shovel snow when it's -20 outside with the wind blowing the snow back in your face? Didn't think so.

Yeah but what was the temp?

See up here, it's not only 20 below every day we also have gotten about 1-3 inches each day for what seems like the past week.

You wanna shovel snow when it's -20 outside with the wind blowing the snow back in your face?  Didn't think so.

Well, thats about the time you just dont shovel. At that point, i would just drive over whatever snow is on the driveway and wait til it melts in a month. Shoveling is too much work....

Well, thats about the time you just dont shovel.  At that point, i would just drive over whatever snow is on the driveway and wait til it melts in a month.  Shoveling is too much work....

Screw even going outside. I haven't gone to class the past two days. Minnesota is too darn cold. I'm protesting this nonsense. Thank goodness I'm graduating in May...