Sign of things to come, or just a minor glitch?

Ozzietheairedale

My feeling is that Opening Day is the way the Sox will play all season. The rest of baseball is not wrong about the Sox; they are a 3rd place team in a very bad division that will struggle to win 75-80 games. Their pitching is bad to mediocre and they have a new manager. Question marks at 2nd, center, catching and closer make this season a loser before its barely begun.

After 40 opening days, this was the worst for me. And I think it's all downhill from here. :angry:

HOLY s***, relax it's one damn game.

Why can't you see that these sort of games set tones for the beginning of the season? I can guarantee that Sox are going to be desperate for a win Wed. (and probably play like s***) going into the New York series. If Sox travel to New York having been swept by KC you will see the reemergence of........

zombies.jpg

CORPSEBALL 2004

You all need to calm down, they will regroup and be ready to play Wednesday...

Gezz!

Again WHarris, even if they do win Wed. today's game is not one you merely forget about. If your Scott Schoenweiss, are you confident going into New York knowing the mistake your manage made on opening day and your bullpen can't hold a 4 run lead in the ninth? If Sox can pull a win out of Wed. and split the NY series I'll begin to push today's collapse in the far regions of my mind.

Go You White Sox :headbang

:fthecubs

Agree it is NOT just a lose out of 162 games. Its an opening day lose that is suppose to set the tone for the season, a game that was prepared for over a month. This team has lost some of its confidence. Polite's confidence is shot, koch's is shot, and well martes bombs speak for themselves. I not saying we cannot regain, but what a blow to the

team.

What would everybody's reaction be if we had won? Would we be the favorites to win the damn world series? Jesus Christ. Would you people calm down. I know it sucks we lost but why don't u atleast look at all the positives from the 1st 8 innings. We played damn near flawless. THIS GAME WILL NOT MAKE OR BREAK OUR SEASON PEOPLE...

My feeling is that Opening Day is the way the Sox will play all season.  The rest of baseball is not wrong about the Sox;  they are a 3rd place team in a very bad division that will struggle to win 75-80 games.  Their pitching is bad to mediocre and they have a new manager.  Question marks at 2nd, center, catching and closer make this season a loser before its barely begun.

After 40 opening days, this was the worst for me.  And I think it's all downhill from here. :angry:

HOLY HELL will you calm down I agree It was bad, but I really believe we will be fine this year. Every team has a glitch or two, but dude take it easy

The Angels started awful two years ago, this is one game. It sucked horribly, but its still just a loss, the Sox need to look at it that way. Marte has been awesome, so he blows on game, the Sox can pick things up.

And yes, it was a bad decision to hang with Politte so long, but he was pitching good.

Get over it, we can't dawn on one day and I sure as hell hope the players aren't.

I DO believe this loss is a big deal, these kinds of wins/losses set the tone and momentum for the season. To lose like that is just terrible for a team's morale. Think of how MB's feeling right now, disgusted.

My feeling is that Opening Day is the way the Sox will play all season.  The rest of baseball is not wrong about the Sox;  they are a 3rd place team in a very bad division that will struggle to win 75-80 games.  Their pitching is bad to mediocre and they have a new manager.  Question marks at 2nd, center, catching and closer make this season a loser before its barely begun.

After 40 opening days, this was the worst for me.  And I think it's all downhill from here. :angry:

I hope that this game did set the tone because we looked f***ing awesome for 8.5 innings. You can twist and turn this s*** any way you want but this bullpen will not allow 6 runs in 1/3 IP every game. Politte looked f***ing awesome his first 1 1/3IP. The offense looked sharp. Marte doesn't give up 2HRs very often (i can't remember him doing that before). It was a choke job by the pen for sure, especially Damaso. He got burned by two close calls and proceeded to throw two meatballs down the middle of the plate on the following pitches. Dude, f***ing Mendy "Big Stick" Lopez hit a 3 run homer off of Damaso Marte. You think this is a sign of things to come? So does that mean Lopez is going to be an allstar this season? Give me a break.

I was admittedly ready to punch a f***ing wall when Beltran went deep, but after giving this game some thought, I really, REALLY liked the way this team looked until the bottom of the ninth. I see a team that could win a s***load of games this season with a VERY potent offense.

Get used to it. This is what it will be like until we get something that resembles a major league bullpen. When the game is on the line, who will you go to?

Koch?

Adkins?

Jackson?

Granted, this is uncharecteristic of Marte and Politte looked solid until the 9th but..... The question still remains. Who do you feel comfortable going to in the 9th? :o

I DO believe this loss is a big deal, these kinds of wins/losses set the tone and momentum for the season.  To lose like that is just terrible for a team's morale.  Think of how MB's feeling right now, disgusted.

With JM still at the helm, yes, this could set a tone. With OG at the helm, I don't see this stinging longer than today.