Looks like Stewart and Mientkiewicz wont be play..

This is on rotoworld right now

Shannon Stewart (plantar fasciitis of right foot) will not play tonight, and will be examined by Twins' doctors Thursday to determine if he will have to be placed on the disabled list.

This could mean more playing time for Mike Ryan, who started in place of Stewart last night. It could also mean that super prospect Justin Morneau will finally arrive in the Twin Cities. Stay tuned.

From RotoWorld.

It's looking as if Shannon Stewart will have to be placed on the disabled list after his examination today.

Stewart (plantar fasciitis) is still in quite a bit of pain, and as the Twins are down to one bench player, a roster move seems likely. Mike Restovich and/or Justin Morneau may be in Minnesota before the weekend.

Doug Mientkiewicz felt better yesterday, and is convinced his back injury is "muscular and not spinal".

He will likely be out of action for a few more games, but might be able to avoid the disabled list.

Dammit!! That sucks!!

I am sure they will call up someone else who will kick our ass, in the proud Twins Tradition. :bang

I know first time pitchers usually shot us out, but do first time batters also crush us? I need something else to keep me awake at night.

This is huge if Stewart doesn't play.  If he doesn't play...SWEEP!!!

No.

Shannon Stewart is not the key to their offense, let alone their team.

They don't want to have him out, but losing him is not like us losing Maggs. They have Hunter, Jones, and Ford who can all play OF, so they are not missing a beat with this loss. That's what makes the Twins so good is the depth of their team. They are in a position where losing 3 players will not kill them or losing 5 players will not end their season. They do not have one key guy who propels their team. This is much unlike the Cubs, who are powered by their rotation and when their rotation isn't 100%, neither are they. This is also much unlike that other Chicago team(the name isn't coming to me... :) ), where if we lose say Maggs or Loaiza or Frank, we are done. Period.

This is also much unlike that other Chicago team(the name isn't coming to me... :) ), where if we lose say Maggs or Loaiza or Frank, we are done.  Period.

Loaiza has arguably been our 4th best pitcher this season.

No.

Shannon Stewart is not the key to their offense, let alone their team.

They don't want to have him out, but losing him is not like us losing Maggs.  They have Hunter, Jones, and Ford who can all play OF, so they are not missing a beat with this loss.  That's what makes the Twins so good is the depth of their team.  They are in a position where losing 3 players will not kill them or losing 5 players will not end their season.  They do not have one key guy who propels their team.  This is much unlike the Cubs, who are powered by their rotation and when their rotation isn't 100%, neither are they.  This is also much unlike that other Chicago team(the name isn't coming to me... :) ), where if we lose say Maggs or Loaiza or Frank, we are done.  Period.

you forgot to mention that fat lecroy can also swing a bat and make up for missed offense. as evidenced by his grandslam yesterday... :ph34r:

Ok I admit i was over dramatic with the sweep thing just cuz it would be my ultimate fantasy to sweep them this weekend, but we can win without maggs first of all if hes out for a couple of games. With stewart not being there, there goes a big on base guy for them and that will really hurt them.

Ok I admit i was over dramatic with the sweep thing just cuz it would be my ultimate fantasy to sweep them this weekend, but we can win without maggs first of all if hes out for a couple of games.  With stewart not being there, there goes a big on base guy for them and that will really hurt them.

We can win without Maggs, yet the Twins are hurt big time by the loss of Stewart? What in the blue f***? That makes no sense at all.

Maggs is our money player, he is our RBI guy, he is probably our best hitter and best all-around player. Period.

Losing Stewart is not the end of the world. Their OF is filled perfectly fine with Ford, Hunter, and Jones from left-to-right, and, as playa pointed out, LeCroy, even considering how fast he is, can hit the s*** out of the ball too. Losing Stewart, while it hurts, is not really a huge issue...it's not like us losing Maggs. If for some reason or another, we lost Maggs for a stretch of time, we could very well be f***ed.

I want a sweep too. But don't get ahead of yourself.