With some trades coming up soon....

mmmmmbeeer

We've all heard all the talk about Jeremy Reed and how he is our #1 prospect. Seems that after an absolutely stunning season last year he may be coming down to earth a bit. So, my question aimed at those of you who know our farm system really well, is Reed really #1? If you could get a Beltran or Big Unit at the cost of either Sweeney, Anderson, or Reed which would you send? Considering our depth in OF prospects do you feel that this is a strength that we must deal from to put us over the top this season? Are all 3 "can't miss" prospects?

I say if we can get a really quality pitcher for him do it in a heartbeat.

The fact is even if he is considered a "can't miss prospect" it's still about a 50/50 chance he'll ever do anything worth noting in baseball.

From what i've read about him I think that he's overrated in everyway and his defense doesn't sound that great...

We've all heard all the talk about Jeremy Reed and how he is our #1 prospect.  Seems that after an absolutely stunning season last year he may be coming down to earth a bit.  So, my question aimed at those of you who know our farm system really well, is Reed really #1?  If you could get a Beltran or Big Unit at the cost of either Sweeney, Anderson, or Reed which would you send?  Considering our depth in OF prospects do you feel that this is a strength that we must deal from to put us over the top this season?  Are all 3 "can't miss" prospects?

Wow that's a tough question. It seems to me that Anderson and Sweeney have a higher ceiling but reed has already shown production for some time now. But it would be really hard to give up reed if the sox were to trade for Beltran because Carlos would only be a rent a player and with maggs possibly leaving at the end of the year, the sox would need reed. I guess I'd have to see the trade to make an assessment. That being said, imo no one is untouchable from the minors and this year has a chance to be really special and a guy like Beltran or Randy would make this team unreal but those two players are just pipe dreams anyways.

I saw if we can get a really quality pitcher for him do it in a heartbeat.

The fact is even if he is considered a "can't miss prospect" it's still about a 50/50 chance he'll ever do anything worth noting in baseball.

From what i've read about him I think that he's overrated in everyway and his defense doesn't sound that great...

Overrated? Jeckle - have you ever seen him play? I don't know what in the hell you are reading... What's not to like about him? Great eye at the plate, great contact hitter, very good speed, maybe not a Gold-Glove outfielder but he sure isn't a liability?

Damn. Overrated? I think you're going a bit too far in saying that, especially if you haven't even seen him play...

Overrated?  Jeckle - have you ever seen him play?  I don't know what in the hell you are reading...  What's not to like about him?  Great eye at the plate, great contact hitter, very good speed, maybe not a Gold-Glove outfielder but he sure isn't a liability?

Damn.  Overrated?  I think you're going a bit too far in saying that, especially if you haven't even seen him play...

That was a pretty silly thing for jeckle to say.

I saw if we can get a really quality pitcher for him do it in a heartbeat.

Did you see his stats last year? And he's been at around .290 all this year while dealing with an injury.

Overrated?  Jeckle - have you ever seen him play?  I don't know what in the hell you are reading...  What's not to like about him?  Great eye at the plate, great contact hitter, very good speed, maybe not a Gold-Glove outfielder but he sure isn't a liability?

Damn.  Overrated?  I think you're going a bit too far in saying that, especially if you haven't even seen him play...

All I know is what I hear reading the boards like these and to me he doesn't sound impressive at all.

If we can get something decent out of him before he has a chance to fall back to earth I say do it.

All I know is what I hear reading the boards like these and to me he doesn't sound impressive at all.

If we can get something decent out of him before he has a chance to fall back to earth I say do it.

If all your seeing on boards like this is that he is overated, then stay off of Cub boards. :rolleyes:

He's hitting over 280 with wrist problems. If this is Reed at his worst, then that's all the more reason to keep him - possible wrist injuries and still hitting at a 280 clip, imagine when he's 100 %... You think he's overrated by reading THESE boards? You sure about that buddy? :unsure:

I have honestly no clue what you are talking about...

Randy Johnson isn't going anywhere. The Diamondbacks no longer need to trade him. The D'Backs play in the weakest division in baseball this year so don't rule them out yet. The Red Sox have already proposed a trade to the Royals Carlos Beltran for Kevin Youkolis third basemen, Kelley Schoppach catcher, and pitcher Abe Alvarez. If Billy Beane would have stayed as the general manager at the REd SOx the A's would have gotten him in compensation. Youkolis is known as the greek god of walks.

:fyou :dips*** :finger :fight :stick :bang :angry:

If I were the Diamondbacks I'd be selling Randy Johnson to the highest bidder come the deadline.

They're team needs far more help, especially with Sexson looking at SEASON ENDING surgery.

Randy is truely their most VALUABLE commodity. Plus he should be used to help secure more prospects for the future. If Randy TRULY wanted to help out the Arizona Diamondbacks he would tell them to use him to get them some serious help.

Their team lacks serious power outside of Sexson (out for the year most likely) and Gonzo. They could use a few more starters considering that they have lost two starters since last year (Shilling, Batista) AND Brandon Webb has seen his struggles lately. They need starting pitching BAD and I believe that Randy could get them a few good prospects as well as help elsewhere.