Sheets or CC??

bo_chi_sox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider Otis one of very few actual reliable sources. Say what you want, he was spot on about the Mags/Nomar deal as well as the Wunsch/Bellhorn deal - neither went down, but both probably would have went down. The Wunsch one didn't go down only because of Wunsch's injury.

I consider Otis one of very few actual reliable sources.  Say what you want, he was spot on about the Mags/Nomar deal as well as the Wunsch/Bellhorn deal - neither went down, but both probably would have went down.  The Wunsch one didn't go down only because of Wunsch's injury.

No no, I didn't say that because of who it was. I said it because what happen last time Otis was involved with a big deal.

Milwaulkee IS NOT goin to trade Ben Sheets, unless they get 3 prospects out of Jeremy Reed, Brian Anderson, Ryan Sweeney and Kris Honel. Cleveland ain't goin to trade their ace, they need all the pitching they can get, they'd be in contention rite now if it wasn't for their bullpen.

Found this one WSI. This guy (Otis) is not a bulls***er every time he has posted something he has been right on. He says we are targeting Ben Sheets and CC Sabathia. With Garcia being the fall back. Take this for what its worth but this guy is always right on

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...2688#post402688

Well. I would Love CC Sabathia Over Sheets. CC is younger and is just comming into his Own. But Sheets would be more realistic cause i don't think The tribe is gonna trade CC within the Division. Cause the race is gonna get tight in a year or so with the Indians.

Not that Sheets would bother me either....

But we would have to give these guys the farm for one of those 2. If we do get one of them I want then re-signed

Sheets=Reed+Cotts

Sabathia=Borchard+Cotts

Garcia=No OF prospects prob. pitching prospects

Take you pick ;)

BTW, would prob. get Sabathia cause of course I am a big fan of Reed and he is very young.

Sheets = more than Reed and Cotts, Doug Melvin has repeadtly stated that he want 3 top class prospects for Ben Sheets. Think of the Bartolo Colon deal a few years back, when the Expos gave up Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips. That deal isn't lookin good for the Expos rite now is it. ;)

No no, I didn't say that because of who it was. I said it because what happen last time Otis was involved with a big deal.

Oh, alright, I understand - yeah, well, I think it is for the better that the deal didn't go down. Nomar's been out two months, but then again, now Maggs is going to be out for possibly another month.

Well, to the reason either team would trade Sheets and Sabathia - for Milwaukee, looked what happened with Sexson. They didn't get one star player, but they got three solid players who could play well for them and contribute. And Otis says that Milwaukee would want Reed/Borchard, and a few others. So if he could pick up a few good prospects (Or players who could contribute next year like Cotts), then he'd probably do it again.

Like I said in earlier threads, I would give up Cotts and Borchard for Sabathia. I don't think that is what the deal is all about, but if that is all the Cleveland GM (Again, I doubt that that is all he wants) than I would do it.

I like the fact KW is supposedly targeting young, cheap studly pitchers. I really don't care if it costs us a couple of top prospects. The main reason I like a deal like this would be the fact that KW is trying to not just win the ALC this season but would be trying to set us up for a nice little 2-3 year run. That's the kind of general managing I love.

Their both stuck on bad teams that don’t really have much going for them right now. I wouldn't be surprised if both Sabathia and Sheets have quietly expressed their desire to be traded. But yeah, it would have to be one hell of a deal to get one of those guys.

I like the fact KW is supposedly targeting young, cheap studly pitchers.  I really don't care if it costs us a couple of top prospects.  The main reason I like a deal like this would be the fact that KW is trying to not just win the ALC this season but would be trying to set us up for a nice little 2-3 year run.  That's the kind of general managing I love.

Yeah - it's good to know Kenny isn't going for fifth starters just to 'get by' and win the division, or give us a shot to. IMO, any one of these pitchers greatly improves our odds of a playoff run, and hopefully a penant run.

I can honestly say I trust otis. I don't think, as some of you think, that Sheets and Sabathia are as 'untouchable' as you make them seem. Remember what we gave up for Colon? Basically jack-squat. Now I understand that was a pretty different situation, but you understand my point?

Pretty interesting - Sabathia is only 23 years of age... He's young, and each year in the majors he's gotten better and better. In two years, he might be a top lefty in the AL, plus it would pair him with another top lefty in the AL, Mark Buerhle.

If we targeting a starting pitcher from Cleveland I'd say it would be Jason Davis or Jake Westbrook. But why would Cleveland want to deal with us anyways, Joel Pineiro is a better solution in my opinion. ;)

Sheets=Reed+Cotts

Sabathia=Borchard+Cotts

Garcia=No OF prospects prob. pitching prospects

Take you pick ;)

BTW, would prob. get Sabathia cause of course I am a big fan of Reed and he is very young.

I'm willing to part with Borchard and Cotts for Sabathia.