Sox yard sale on Saturday

CubsSuck1

It different this year.  You have to make a reservation. You get a 1 hour time block I belive.

Ah are you serious? I thought that was just for the game of catch in the outfield. Are they going to make you PAY to get into their sale? Is it on the field or something?

I have my answer..

A field day for fans

Saturday, they can tour U.S. Cellular, buy memorabilia

By Scott Merkin / MLB.com 

CHICAGO -- Good shoppers often find the best bargains by carefully combing over what's available at neighborhood yard sales.

But almost all of those sales won't take place in a stadium with seating for more than 40,000 people. Most of those same sales won't feature old White Sox batting gloves, caps or broken bats used in actual games.

Those items are a small part of the White Sox Yard Sale, taking place Saturday at U.S. Cellular Field, from 9 am. to 2 p.m. The event basically combines the team's annual garage sale with a chance for a maximum of 1,500 people to get an up-close-and-personal look at the South Side baseball stadium.

Three scheduled sessions will be available Saturday, with a limit of 500 per session, for fans to play catch on the field (no bats allowed) or take a quick tour of the dugouts and bullpens. The sessions run from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m. to noon, and 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 312-674-5121.

The cost to tour the field and stadium is $20 for adults and $10 for kids. All proceeds go to White Sox Charities. There is no charge to enter the garage sale, which will take place in the patio area.

"Fans have been great in responding to our special events," White Sox director of advertising and community relations Christine O'Reilly said.

"People want access to the players, or as close to the players as possible. We just wanted to create another event, since we are opening up the ballpark on a non-game day. These fans will have great access that the public doesn't get."

O'Reilly also mentioned that same-day reservations are somewhat discouraged but could be allowed.

"If we haven't filled up a particular session, we are willing to consider sales day of," O'Reilly said. "But we have to limit numbers."

The team's annual garage sale usually takes place in March, when regular-season tickets go on sale. With the renovations at U.S. Cellular Field, the event was impossible to pull off at that time.

This particular garage sale also affords fans the opportunity to have their pictures taken at home plate or while playing catch. Items for sale include jerseys, jackets, pieces of an old tarp once used at U.S. Cellular Field and life-size bobbleheads left over from last year's All-Star Game.

"You hear about one man's trash is another's treasure," O'Reilly said with a laugh. "This year is an exciting year for the garage sale because we do have items left over from the All-Star Game, and some of the inventory will be very affordable."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp

Raw deal.

so wait, you can't go to the yard sale unless you pay?

You can go to the sale whenever you want, for free from 9-2... You have to pay to be able to get on the actual field and play catch. I believe it's something like 20 bucks for adults and 10 bucks for kids for a reserved hour of field time. Space is limited, though.

You can go to the sale whenever you want, for free from 9-2...  You have to pay to be able to get on the actual field and play catch.  I believe it's something like 20 bucks for adults and 10 bucks for kids for a reserved hour of field time.  Space is limited, though.

Ah, long time no see. What's new? :cheers