ESPN 1000: Freddy Garcia traded to the White Sox

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible, terrible deal. It's one thing to give up minor league prospects, but to give away your catcher of the future when you have no one in the minors to replace him is just f***ing stupid. I thougth this was a joke when I first heard it.

While Olivo is a very good player, we can live without him. Burke and Alomar will be enough for us this season . Garcia will fill out biggest need and hopefully win us this division! Reed may never pan out in the majors and it is better to get proven talent in return.

While Olivo is a very good player, we can live without him. Burke and Alomar will be enough for us this season . Garcia will fill out biggest need and hopefully win us this division! Reed may never pan out in the majors and it is better to get proven talent in return.

Exactly

I'm all about "going for it". We recognized our holes and it sounds like KW is trying to fill them (SP (Ortiz?, Garcia), CF (Jones?), BP). Problem is that you can't make new holes to fill existing holes, you can't move a brick from the left side of the dam to fill a hole on the right side of the dam, that sumb**** is still gonna leak.

Kenny said that Freddy's best friend (ozzie) said that we have a good shot to resign to a long term deal.  If we do, then it's a good trade, he's an Ace pitcher and an Ace pitcher is better than Miguel Olivo.

Totally agree. I don't understand why everyone is down on this trade. We have a history of hanging on to minor leaguers until they suck, so I have no problem with parting with Reed. As far as MO is concerned...it's not like we are giving up Johnny Estrada for cryin' out loud.

Without Reed there's still Ryan Sweeney and Brian Anderson to look forward too. But without Olive there's no up-and-coming catcher in the Sox system. Same for Morse, whom I feel was the best shortstop in the minors for the Sox. Burke and Alomar will get the job done behind the plate this year, and Freddy Garcia will anchor their rotation and possibly provide more stability for MB and Esteban. It's upsetting to see such quality young players leave, but on the other hand the Sox greatest need is being filled.