Enough of this Carlos

sox-r-us

I have defended Carlos here rigorously for his first pitch hit that day, and in general, I am a Carlos Lee fan, but holy crap

I could not watch the game yesterday since I had to go somewhere so I taped it (since I live in the NOrthwest I get the M games here)

I saw it last night late and on both of his home runs, the man just stood there and kept admiring the flight of the ball.....agreed it did not matter but come on, given there were 1 and 2 men on base, can't he freaking run instead?

And then the worst one was when he hit one that was almost a HR but was just foul....he stood there again looking at whether it was fair or foul....what if that one was fair and had hit the top the railings and come back? The guy would have only got a single when he should have got a double

Sorry but I saw this happen 3 FREAKING times last night, and Carlos had a great game but RUN THE f***ING BASES HARD

:fyou Carlos, and your 2 HRs. I don't want to see you hit 2 HRs and bat in 5 ever again!

This is seriously getting old hearing people complain about this s***; almost every player in MLB does this anymore. You're going to need some NFL-like rule, if you ever want to see it end.

:fyou Carlos, and your 2 HRs.  I don't want to see you hit 2 HRs and bat in 5 ever again! 

This is seriously getting old hearing people complain about this s***; almost every player in MLB does this anymore.  You're going to need some NFL-like rule, if you ever want to see it end.

exactly :headbang

I have defended Carlos here rigorously for his first pitch hit that day, and in general, I am a Carlos Lee fan, but holy crap

I could not watch the game yesterday since I had to go somewhere so I taped it (since I live in the NOrthwest I get the M games here)

I saw it last night late and on both of his home runs, the man just stood there and kept admiring the flight of the ball.....agreed it did not matter but come on, given there were 1 and 2 men on base, can't he freaking run instead?

And then the worst one was when he hit one that was almost a HR but was just foul....he stood there again looking at whether it was fair or foul....what if that one was fair and had hit the top the railings and come back? The guy would have only got a single when he should have got a double

Sorry but I saw this happen 3 FREAKING times last night, and Carlos had a great game but RUN THE f***ING BASES HARD

Shut up. Lee killed all of those balls. If I hit bombs like that I would admire them too. Carlos plays defense hard, he always tries to stretch singles into doubles when possible and is aggressive on the basepaths. You have no clue what you're talking about. As far as the foul ball....if it would have hit anything it would have hit the foul pole and thats still a HR. I don't know what "railings" there are at US Cellular field you could hit and the ball could "come back" into play. Enjoy the win and quit searching for things to complain about.

Shut up.  Lee killed all of those balls.  If I hit bombs like that I would admire them too.  Carlos plays defense hard, he always tries to stretch singles into doubles when possible and is aggressive on the basepaths.  You have no clue what you're talking about.  As far as the foul ball....if it would have hit anything it would have hit the foul pole and thats still a HR.  I don't know what "railings" there are at US Cellular field you could hit and the ball could "come back" into play.  Enjoy the win and quit searching for things to complain about.

You seriously need to post more. Everything you've said has been quality, as far as I've seen!

The first HR landed in the first or second row. That is far from a bomb and certainly worthy of running until he knew for sure. If the ball is close enough that the OF is squaring it up to have a go at it, like Winn was last night, he better be running.

And it's not finding "something to complain about", it's got nothing to do with showboating (he earned the showboat on the second HR which was obviously gone as soon as he made contact), but it's got everything to do with heads up baseball and to give the impression that you're a team player.

The first HR landed in the first or second row.  That is far from a bomb and certainly worthy of running until he knew for sure.  If the ball is close enough that the OF is squaring it up to have a go at it, like Winn was last night, he better be running. 

And it's not finding "something to complain about", it's got nothing to do with showboating (he earned the showboat on the second HR which was obviously gone as soon as he made contact), but it's got everything to do with heads up baseball and to give the impression that you're a team player.

Great avatar! I'm a big fan!

Carlos can stand and watch all that he wants.  Every player admires their homeruns, and players know if its out or not.  Well except Sosa, all those steroids have messed up his depth perception.

Big Frank has 436 career HRs and still gets out of the batter's box after he hits the ball. I guess his depth perception just isn't as good as Carlos

Big Frank has 436 career HRs and still gets out of the batter's box after he hits the ball.  I guess his depth perception just isn't as good as Carlos

Exactly

This is NOT b****ing....the dumb f***er has already cost us an out in a close game where he would have been on 2nd

If we have to beat the Twinkies we have to freaking play hard

And isn't that what Ozzie ball is supposed to be?

This guy was standing there admiring all 3 of his shots....and my jaw just dropped each time when I saw the replay on the Ms network....I am like when will he f***ing learn?

And the foul ball as well as the first HR were NOT gone by any stretch of the imagination....they just made it out

If he wants to stare at the HRs that is fine, then Ozzie should shut hjis yap about how his players play hard for him and he will bench them if they do not

:fyou hypocrites

Carlos can stand and watch all that he wants.  Every player admires their homeruns, and players know if its out or not.  Well except Sosa, all those steroids have messed up his depth perception.

He can admire his HRs all he wants, but he should tell his manager to shut the f*** up about how every player who plays on his team must play hard or he sits on the bench independent of who they are

I do agree that he does do it a bit much, but it's not THAT big a deal.  There are so many others that are much worse than him.

On the first HR, the guy stood there for 5 freaking seconds in his batters box...I have the game taped and I counted it multiple times

On the foul ball, the guy NEVER got out of his box....and no way was that a goner. It could have hit the blue top (the soft stuff) and come back

carlos will be carlos and i guess no amount of complaining will ever change that... :huh

sox-r-us does bring up a good point imo..the part about ozzie saying all his players give 100% and if they dont they will find themselves on the bench..

if that was a quote attributed to ozzie or anything close to it , then ozzie had an obligation the night carlos hit what he thought was a homer and admired it at home plate then got thrown out at 2nd to follow through with what he said and sit down carlos for a game..

i just hope the next time carlos poses for a "double" and is thrown out at 2nd it doesnt cost us the game..or division...

btw..if i was carlos i wouldnt dig in too much tonight...carlos really posed a long time on those two homers..more than he usually does...gotta think it was at least a minor topic in the M's clubhouse..

If Carlos is going to be hitting liners into RCF gap with bases loaded in big situations.....and if he hits 420-foot HR to LF, also in key situations......I don't give a f*** what he does.

Sammy Sosa hit 66 HR in a season - if Carlos could do that, let him hop, skip, shimmy-shake, whatever.

With Thomas down, and KW hopefully smart enough to pursue Randy Johnson, Carlos Lee stepping up in the #4 spot is what Sox DESPERATELY need.

If Carlos is going to be hitting liners into RCF gap with bases loaded in big situations.....and if he hits 420-foot HR to LF, also in key situations......I don't give a f*** what he does.   

Sammy Sosa hit 66 HR in a season - if Carlos could do that, let him hop, skip, shimmy-shake, whatever. 

With Thomas down, and KW hopefully smart enough to pursue Randy Johnson,  Carlos Lee stepping up in the #4 spot is what Sox DESPERATELY need.

wouldnt you rather have konerko in the 4 spot???i think paulie gets a little more respect around the league and i think he would protects a little more

since i have been 3 years old i have watched baseball, and since then when a player cranks a ball whoever it is admirers it....it could be rey ordonez.....this is totally not a new thing...its not like he is bustin out a cell phone after he hits it.....i mean ok the sosa hop is a little over the edge especially when he does it when he flys out....sammy just has a huge head.....but if you knock one out i say go ahead and stare it down for a few seconds as long as its goin out and you know it so you are not a jack ass when its caught.....

and you know it so you are not a jack ass when its caught.....

i think you hit the crux of the problem here...carlos already got thrown out at 2nd admiring a homer...since then 2 or 3 times now he has hit homers into the one of the first 3 rows and was still doing the admiring job...

the problem is carlos doesnt "know it"..i guess he thinks everytime he makes decent contact its a 450 ft. bomb or something...lets just hope the next time he miscalculates it doesnt cost us a game..

i mean , we all make fun of sosa with his "pop and a hop" crap that chip scarry coined...to be consistent we shouldnt let our own players off the hook..maggs was guilty of this a lot last season...if he does it again he shouldnt get any slack either..with the prices they charge at sox park we deserve 100% ALL the time