AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

CWSGuy406

No one else wants to make it so I guess I will!

The box score sure does look ugly, but all that counts is the W. Nice game pitched by Buehrle, Shingo closin' the door, and PK knockin' in two of the three RBIs.

Bring the brooms tomorrow fellas. Go get 'em Freddy! :headbang

I was at the game today. Great crowd about 37000+ today. It was the first time we saw the Shingo introduction and all I can say is that is a great job by the sox. That "gong" sound was great, everybody loves it when Shingo was ptiching. Go SOX!!!!!!!

Pretty crappy Mariners' lineup tonight, no Ichiro, no Olerud. Not the prettiest win, Buehrle gave up some hard hit balls but not the kill shot, offense didn't do much outside of take walks in the 5th. Who cares though, it's a win! :cheers If they put the same lineup out there against Freddy tomorrow(or add Ichiro, subtract Boone and/or Martinez), it might be a rout. Without a full Mariner lineup, I evision 7 innings, 2 runs max, 10 k's or more.

Of course last time I predicted a route, Rusch pitched 8 shutout innings... :ph34r:

Pretty crappy Mariners' lineup tonight, no Ichiro, no Olerud. Not the prettiest win, Buehrle gave up some hard hit balls but not the kill shot, offense didn't do much outside of take walks in the 5th. Who cares though, it's a win!  :cheers If they put the same lineup out there against Freddy tomorrow(or add Ichiro, subtract Boone and/or Martinez), it might be a rout. Without a full Mariner lineup, I evision 7 innings, 2 runs max, 10 k's or more.

Of course last time I predicted a route, Rusch pitched 8 shutout innings... :ph34r:

Olerud did not play the day before too....he is no longer the starter after how much he has sucked all year

Olerud, Edgar and Boone's suckiness has killed this team

They all have no average nor do they have any power left

Let's hope we can hit MOyer tomorrow (we have always had trouble against him and our best hitter against Moyer, the Big Hurt, is out which will hurt us)

But let's get the damn sweep and rest in the all star break

I do wonder about today's decision though by Ozzie to bring in Shingo when Buerhle had only pitched 95 pitches and was going real strong

Does not matter at the end but wonder why Ozzie did that

Olerud did not play the day before too....he is no longer the starter after how much he has sucked all year

Olerud, Edgar and Boone's suckiness has killed this team

They all have no average nor do they have any power left

Let's hope we can hit MOyer tomorrow (we have always had trouble against him and our best hitter against Moyer, the Big Hurt, is out which will hurt us)

But let's get the damn sweep and rest in the all star break

I do wonder about today's decision though by Ozzie to bring in Shingo when Buerhle had only pitched 95 pitches and was going real strong

Does not matter at the end but wonder why Ozzie did that

It was a save situation and Shingo is the closer. I can understand doubting a decision that doesn't work, but Shingo came in and closed the door with 2 ks and a grounder to first. The decision looks good to me.

I missed Borchard's ABs accept for the last one when he grounded out on the first pitch. I see that he took a walk today. From what I heard he was working the count and taking some pitches.

What is everyone's thoughts on the way he looked today? Obvioulsy one game does not mean a lot. I just wanted to know about his approach and how he looked up there.

Thanks in advance for your input.

That's what I also saw SSI. He went 0-3 with 1K 1 wlk (which I saw on the recap) so all in all, not that bad. Hopefully he plays tomorrow and gets his 1st hit of the season. :cheers

EDIT: He could have had a hit today but got robbed by the 2nd baseman. ;)