Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

You can talk all you want about how you know the "nuances of the game".  The Twins kicked the Sox's ass in every phase of the game in front of a huge crowd.  The Sox gagged big time and Hunter drilled Burke to top it off.

They won, the Sox lost.  Stop crying.  Win the game or shut up.

I'm sick and tired of crying about the Twins and coming in second.

Let me do this real slowly for you, because as usual, you don't get the point.

It has nothing to do with crying about anything.

Next ... and I'm typing slowly so maybe you GET IT ...

There are a lot more games vs. the Twins. By not doing anything to Hunter, it gives the Twins even more confidence.

Ok so far? Good.

Now, even though you lost and yes I agree the Sox were outplayed in all facets, you take momentum back by bringing your team together. You bring your team together by making sure you let the opposition know they won't be allowed to go out of the way to drill the catcher.

Since you don't get nuances apparantly, baseball is a game of momentum. The Sox lost, but more importantly they lost the chance to gain some momentum.

MUCH better to do it right away, right now, vs. letting it carry over. As soon as Garcia plunks somebody tomorrow, accidentally or not, he might be tossed.

Wouldn't it have been better to have Jackson do it? Rhetorical question, no need to answer.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, Hunter swung at the 1st pitch, probably knew it was coming if he didn't hit quickly.  :lol:

Ozzie and Co. may need to see the replay before they retaliate. It was bush league, plain and simple.

We will bean Hunter and instead of him just taking his base, he'll stare at the mound at his tough guy stare while other hold him back like he will actually do something.

Hunter=Pussy!

Let me do this real slowly for you, because as usual, you don't get the point.

It has nothing to do with crying about anything.

Next ... and I'm typing slowly so maybe you GET IT ...

There are a lot more games vs. the Twins.  By not doing anything to Hunter, it gives the Twins even more confidence.

Ok so far?  Good.

Now, even though you lost and yes I agree the Sox were outplayed in all facets, you take momentum back by bringing your team together.  You bring your team together by making sure you let the opposition know they won't be allowed to go out of the way to drill the catcher.

Since you don't get nuances apparantly, baseball is a game of momentum.  The Sox lost, but more importantly they lost the chance to gain some momentum.

MUCH better to do it right away, right now, vs. letting it carry over.  As soon as Garcia plunks somebody tomorrow, accidentally or not, he might be tossed.

Wouldn't it have been better to have Jackson do it?  Rhetorical question, no need to answer.

Now let me talk even slower to you.

You get back at them by beating them, not by plunking Hunter and losing. If the Sox win, they don't need to plunk Hunter. Remember, in case you forgot, they're the division champs, not the Sox. They don't need to run over a minor leaguer like Jamie Burke to gain confidence, they're the champs and the Sox are the perennial runners-up.

Hope there's not too many big words in there for you.

Id like to see Garcia plunk Hunter.  Lets see how tough Hunter is once he has to go up against The Rock.

Then Garcia gets thrown out of the game, and we'll probably lose, it's not worth it.

I don't see how Garcia could be ejected in the 2nd inning tomorrow by beaning b****ass. No warning will have been issued, no other hit batsmen, just a pitch that got away. Bonderman shouldn't have gotten tossed yesterday, the only reason he did was because of his pitch to Carl and the fact that Paulie had just homered, plus a young ignorant ump.

b****ass will get his, he better have some extra padding in that f***ing helmet tomorrow. I think once the team gets to see a replay this evening or tomorrow they'll realize just how cheap of a shot that was.

For those of you who are acting like this is no big deal, you're crazy. You know that Hawk reminds you every night about how long he's been in baseball. He knows the game. Did you happen to hear his "well I know what the hell i'd do" rant? I did. There's no question that retaliation is necessary and b****ass needs to be singled out.

You get back at them by beating them, not by plunking Hunter and losing.  If the Sox win, they don't need to plunk Hunter.  Remember, in case you forgot, they're the division champs, not the Sox.  They don't need to run over a minor leaguer like Jamie Burke to gain confidence, they're the champs and the Sox are the perennial runners-up.

You must have gotten treated like a b**** a lot in school. This is major league baseball where teams cover one another's backs, not the f***ing schoolyard where "you're a bigger man for walking away".

Then Garcia gets thrown out of the game, and we'll probably lose, it's not worth it.

If the umps do it the right way, the Sox get to retaliate and the benches get warned.

If worse comes to worse, Hunter comes out to fight Garcia and Burke catches his him before he gets out there and kicks his ass. :)

You must have gotten treated like a b**** a lot in school.  This is major league baseball where teams cover one another's backs, not the f***ing schoolyard where "you're a bigger man for walking away".

A b**** would throw at the guy and lose. I'd rather put a beating on them like they did to the Sox tonight and ultimately win the division.

Everything else is just crying.

I don't think the Twins needed any more confidence against the Sox. 

I'm certain they know they will come out on top of this division once again.  That's why they have no problem coming in here and literally kicking ass.  The only way to shut them up is to win this division.  If  the Sox plunk Hunter and lose, the Twins have every right to laugh in our face.

Sox swept them in Minny last month.

Confidence and momentum ebb and flow. Each team needs every bit of confidence they can get. Sox lead the season series by a fair margin, you can bet Minny needed a shot of confidence.

Sox had a chance to get some major momentum and bring the team together even though they lost.

They didn't.

Mistake.

I like to look at the big picture, that's why I'm so upset about this. I can handle the loss, it happens. If they'd have drilled Hunter and gotten it over with, you galvanize the team by showing you'll stick up for your teammates. What is even more incredible to me is you've got a veteran on the mound and he doesn't take care of business.

Seeing as Harrelson and Jackson clearly understood and stated something needed to be done in terms of retaliation, I don't think I'm on the wrong track here. Both those guys played for a long time and they know the game pretty damn well.

You get back at them by beating them, not by plunking Hunter and losing.  If the Sox win, they don't need to plunk Hunter.  Remember, in case you forgot, they're the division champs, not the Sox.  They don't need to run over a minor leaguer like Jamie Burke to gain confidence, they're the champs and the Sox are the perennial runners-up.

Why do you dwell on the past so much?

We were champs in 1917, but that doesn't mean a thing now.

We are 7-4 against the Twins this year, and you're almost in tears about years past. You have to let that s*** go, otherwise you're like a Cub fan.

They did need that cheap-shot hit to boost their confidence, and to try and lower ours at the same time. It's our job not to let that happen. If we have a situation to plunk Hunter while maintaining a win, then we need to do that.

A b**** would throw at the guy and lose.  I'd rather put a beating on them like they did to the Sox tonight and ultimately win the division.

Everything else is just crying.

You still aren't grasping the concept apparently. Oh well. Would you mind explaining to me how the umps will justify tossing Big Fred without a warning and no other tightly pitched/hit batsmen???

Well, you have had an ongoing streak of cluelessness going, I see you're not inclined to interrupt it. That's ok, I pretty much know what to expect from you.

I explained it all in my last post.

Funny how three guys who've played the game for umpteen years (Harrelson, Jackson, Melton) all felt something should've been done, but Ozzietheairhead doesn't.

Read it twice, maybe you'll get it.