Otis update from WSI

Rowand44

I know that's not the best source for rumors but otis has been right a couple of times, so I thought I'd just throw this out there to see what you guys think. Personally I'd love to have either guy, they're both very good guys to have at the top of the order.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming that Catalanotto can play RF?

In the scouting report, I read that he hit .308 in the leadoff or #2 spot last year... we could really use this guy.

Plus, he removes Joe "The Automatic Out" Borchard from the line-up.

I'm assuming that Catalanotto can play RF?

In the scouting report, I read that he hit .308 in the leadoff or #2 spot last year... we could really use this guy.

Plus, he removes Joe "The Automatic Out" Borchard from the line-up.

From what I hear, he's got a slight injury. Plus.. the guy is making next to nothing, correct..? Why on earth would they want to get rid of him? Makes no sense..

If we got both of these guys and had Hariston leading off, and cantalantto hitting second that would change this big time.

Hairston 2b

Cantalanatto RF (Dont crucify me spelling police)

Everett DH

Lee LF

Konerko 1B

Valentin SS

Rowand CF

Crede 3b

The three headed beast of Burke/Davis/Alomar at C

Not bat at all. Hairston can get on and steal bases, Cant has good bat control and has a good average. Everett has been pretty good at hitting doubles and keeping the line moving. That would give Lee and Konerko and Valentin an opportunity to bash with men on. Rowand could be the saftey valve for Valentin striking out to rescue with men on and 2 out.

Me likey, however I dont think we have anything to trade to get it.

Please dont trade Sweeney. That guy is going to be a stud. I was at spring training this year and he was a stud, sweet swing reminds you of Baines.

From what I hear, he's got a slight injury. Plus.. the guy is making next to nothing, correct..? Why on earth would they want to get rid of him? Makes no sense..

Who knows but it has been said that Toronto is really trying to move him and they've made that their number 1 priority after Delgado said he wouldn't waive his no trade.

Hariston would cost: Uribe or Harris + a mid prospect (Josh Stewart)

Catallanato would cost: Brice + Ruddy Yan

**This was just my opinion, I don't have a source, sorry if I made it seem like I had an inside source. It was just what I thought it might take.

I think his contract is up at the end of this year. Maybe they get a prospect or an established player for someone they will lose anyway? It does seem odd that Toronto wouldn't want to keep him around, although he really can't field at all. I would love to see Hairston on the Sox. I don't trust Otis.