The Grudge

Goldmember

just got back from watching it. i think it is better than your average horror flick, but still found it lacking. there were some pretty freaky parts but nothing really scary. i think the films major downfall is its obvious attempt to go after the teen audience by making it pg-13...

anyone else see it yet? thoughts? anyone see the japanese original?

White Noise, and Saw look like freaky flicks that i might go see...though the Grudge really hasn't drawn my interest.

I've seen the original version of The Grudge, and by all accounts on IMDB the remake is bastardized by greedy studio executives. I'll wait until the DVD release.

Also agree Saw and White Noise both look good. I wouldn't have been sold on the plot of White Noise before viewing the trailer. Although it's a blatant rip-off of Sixth Sense, the recordings of deceased family members is chilling.

lately a lot of movies have been ruined by a pg-13 rating....when definitely an r rating would have made the movie better.  i haven't seen the grudge, but i'd bet an r rating would make it a lot better than what you make it to be.

How can a movie rating ruin the film itself? :headshake When someone goes to see a movie they’re looking for a good plot, good acting, etc. I could care less if the movie had too much violence and language and still had the PG-13 rating. Ratings do not make a difference when it comes to deciding whether a movie is good or not.

How can a movie rating ruin the film itself?  :headshake  When someone goes to see a movie they’re looking for a good plot, good acting, etc. I could care less if the movie had too much violence and language and still had the PG-13 rating. Ratings do not make a difference when it comes to deciding whether a movie is good or not.

I think it does...

If it was rated R it would give them more flexability about what they can put in the movie...

It was good, but it wasnt great.. yeah there were some freaky parts..

Saw is a must see in my opinion..

and i must say :puke Seed of Chucky

The wiff drug me out to see this crap. Horrible movie :puke . They said this was a remake of an older Japanese film, seems to me it was a remake of 100s of existing American horror flicks. Leave your brain at home before you go see this one, maybe then you'll find yourself interested. But hey, my 8yr old loved it, so it's got that going for it.

But hey, my 8yr old loved it, so it's got that going for it.

Your eight year old saw the movie?

Damn, when I was eight I watched Dolls and couldn't sleep for a week. Don't believe my parents allowed me to view another horror movie until I was 10. Perhaps children these days are sensitized to the brutatlity of movies/television. That's right, another person blaming society. :lol: