Kevin Millwood Anyone

Chisoxfn

While I think were all aware of Millwoods slide since the 2nd half of the 2003 season, you can't help but look past some of the good numbers he's put up. And it appears that part of the reason for his down-turn were health related (elbow problems).

Now he would have to take a substantial pay-cut and potentially a shorter term deal (its unclear whether he would do that) but at the right price he would be a good option for the White Sox. You can't look past his career numbers: 98-64, 3.89 ERA, 1367.1 INN, 1283 H (1.24 WHIP), 1134 K (7.46 K/9). He has also done a relatively good job limiting the long ball in his career.

Assuming he checks out physically, he's definately an option worth looking at, especially if teams look past him in the early part of free agency.

Plus he's just 29 years old.

Rather Odalis Perez or one of the other FA pitchers out there. I don't think it was any coincidence he started struggling after he was moved out of Atlanta, and began pitching in a hitters park (Citizens Bell). Unless he comes cheaply, I think we should look elsewhere.

The philles park is nearly as bad as ours. So expect similar numbers if not alittle worse. I don't really think it is a coincidence that his numbers have increased since not being around mazzone. Mazzone is incredible. Turned hampton back into his old form, wright into a stud, and who honestly though thomson would ever have an era under 4?

if you watched thomson's 2nd half on the rangers last year i think a lot of people might have

Ya, I also remember him really showing his stuff in a performance or two against the Sox during that 2nd half. He had great command of all his pitches and looked healthy.

What is all this love for Odalis-freaking_perez I just do not get?

Ever since we heard we may be looking at paulie for Perez last year, everyone seems to be in love with this clown

Did any of you see him get hammered in the playoffs?

Why is this guy even on our radar? He is worse than Garland...

Ever since we heard we may be looking at paulie for Perez last year, everyone seems to be in love with this clown

Good control, good GO-AO ratio, good amount of K's, good ERA...the only real negatives are that he didn't throw a lot of innings in the second half and that he'd be going from a real good pitcher's park in the NL to a good hitter's park in the AL. A good thing for us is that he is not known well by many people, and his wins were down last year, and a lot of people look at wins as a good barometer of success(when a lot of times, it isn't).

If we could not get an absolute stud like Unit, then Perez is a nice option.

Did you see Rolen go 0-for-the-World-Series? He's worse than Crede.

Odalis Perez - 7-6 3.25 ERA

Jon Garland - 12-11 4.93 ERA

One thing that worries me about Perez though is that he gave up 26 HR's this season in 31 appearances. That number would definitely rise if he pitched at the Cell. FWIW Garland gave up 34.