Sox not moving to Diablo...

Wanne

How is the stadium in Tucson? I always try to catch them in Peoria Sports Complex. But unfortunately not always possible. I need to see more games this Spring Training. Saw them last year in Tempe. Was a pretty good stadium. I was supposed to make the drive to Tucson last year on March 28th but had tire problems.

Once again, Jim H was wrong.

Somehow I knew you'd be around with this little piece of news, please.

:lol:

Don't be shocked if something ultimately happens. Both Cleveland and Baltimore aren't thrilled with their situations in Florida.

The money earmarked for the Goodyear stadium complex ($10M) may be used for other projects, or they may ultimately build a spring training complex out there.

Either way, it doesn't bother me they'll still be in Tucson, we like it there.

note to quickman: What's the matter with you, I'm serious. :bang

Somehow I knew you'd be around with this little piece of news, please.

:lol:

Don't be shocked if something ultimately happens.  Both Cleveland and Baltimore aren't thrilled with their situations in Florida.

The money earmarked for the Goodyear stadium complex ($10M) may be used for other projects, or they may ultimately build a spring training complex out there.

Either way, it doesn't bother me they'll still be in Tucson, we like it there.

note to quickman:  What's the matter with you, I'm serious.  :bang

are you out of your mind, did you see the Konerko rumor, two pitchers my friend. you know what I'm talkin about. I am telling you

are you out of your mind, did you see the Konerko rumor, two pitchers my friend. you know what I'm talkin about. I am telling you

Get it right ... it's "pichersssssss", listen ... listen to me.

Bertucci's tomorrow, dad wants his steak parm fix. I'll tell da girls you said "hiya doin'".

Please, I'm serious.

How is the stadium in Tucson?  I always try to catch them in Peoria Sports Complex.  But unfortunately not always possible.  I need to see more games this Spring Training.  Saw them last year in Tempe.  Was a pretty good stadium.  I was supposed to make the drive to Tucson last year on March 28th but had tire problems.

Hey, welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers :canada

Get it right ... it's "pichersssssss", listen ... listen to me.

Bertucci's tomorrow, dad wants his steak parm fix.  I'll tell da girls you said "hiya doin'".

Please, I'm serious.

hey, Seeing our reporter friend tonight has he filled you in on the whole Hosea Sanders thing? If not touch base with him. Unreal, you know what I'm saying? Give my best to the girls, tell your dad Extra schrooms on the parm.

How is the stadium in Tucson?  I always try to catch them in Peoria Sports Complex.  But unfortunately not always possible.  I need to see more games this Spring Training.  Saw them last year in Tempe.  Was a pretty good stadium.  I was supposed to make the drive to Tucson last year on March 28th but had tire problems.

Peoria is where I always go to...seeing how I live about 5 minutes away...plus, our league plays out there during the summer and fall. There's honestly not a bad stadium out here...the new Surprise stadium is kinda goofy lookin...not to mention a complete cluster f*** if you go down Bell Road to get to it on game day (take it from the south and drive up...driving an extra 10 miles saves you 45 minutes if you can believe that). It's not that Tucson Electric is a bad park or anything...I just don't really like going to Tucson unless I have to. It's be nice if the Sox did end up in the metro Phoenix area at some point. Hell....why not Glendale...they're building everything else out here.

Thanks Heads22.  I have been around for a while but never registered.  I enjoy reading the posts more than actually posting myself.

Welcome aboard Tree. The stadium is really nice. The only thing that sucks in my book is that its in the Tuscon area instead of the greater Phoenix area.

I was really hoping they would move down to Tempe because thats where my dad and I stay every year when we go out to Spring Training.

Location aside, they got a tremendous facility and attachd to it is a very nice complex for the minor league players.

Peoria is where I always go to...seeing how I live about 5 minutes away...plus, our league plays out there during the summer and fall.  There's honestly not a bad stadium out here...the new Surprise stadium is kinda goofy lookin...not to mention a complete cluster f*** if you go down Bell Road to get to it on game day (take it from the south and drive up...driving an extra 10 miles saves you 45 minutes if you can believe that).  It's not that Tucson Electric is a bad park or anything...I just don't really like going to Tucson unless I have to.  It's be nice if the Sox did end up in the metro Phoenix area at some point.  Hell....why not Glendale...they're building everything else out here.

I liked Surprise stadium, but your right all the parks are pretty nice. However, Hi Corbett is pretty much garbage in my book. My colleges baseball stadium is nicer, imo. And I'm not much of a fan of Oaklands digs, although they did renovate it.

The Giants park in Scottsdale is pretty sweet. Wasn't their a rumor a while back that siad the Sox could also look to moving their somehow? I still think JR wants to move the team into the Phoenix area.

Wasn't their a rumor a while back that siad the Sox could also look to moving their somehow?  I still think JR wants to move the team into the Phoenix area.

Yes, that rumor was floating around. Reinsdorf would like to get them in the Phoenix area but they need a team to take over the lease in Tucson. Plus, MLB wants an even number of teams in the Cactus League so it'd take two teams moving to Arizona, with one moving into Tucson. I can't see any of the teams currently in Phoenix moving to Tucson.

So it looks like the Sox will be in Tucson for a while.