ST Tailgate Friday June 17th

Chisoxfn

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Im not going to this tailgate, but im wonderin. How early can you get to the lot and start. Me and my friends are goin to the Sox-Cubs game on friday the 24 and it starts at 3. We were planning on showing up at 12...or is that too early?

Not at all. There will be people up there earlier than that.

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Im not going to this tailgate, but im wonderin. How early can you get to the lot and start. Me and my friends are goin to the Sox-Cubs game on friday the 24 and it starts at 3. We were planning on showing up at 12...or is that too early?

First, do you have a parking pass...???

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Not at all.  There will be people up there earlier than that.

Lots open 2 hours before.. sometimes 2 and a half.. there will be a line to get in 3 hours before.. but I doubt they'll be people in there already set up. But who knows.. maybe they will open them earlier.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
maybe, possibly.

if i go it will be with addison i guess.

Hey big man,

Looks like I'll have an answer around noonish; I'll make sure to PM you ASAP. Would you wanna meet there, or hook up ahead of time?

meh, we'll figure it out.

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
I dont think so. My friend got tickets from his uncle that works in the ticket booth. Thats all i really know  :bang

Then you're going to have to park in the lot just west of the tracks down 33rd or 35th street. All the other lots are pass only for that series. Try to get into C (off 33rd) because they don't allow tailgating in G (off 35th). I would say noon is a good time to get there but like I said above you might not get into the lot until closer to 1.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
First, do you have a parking pass...???

Steff ... are there any TG plans for that weekend? And the parking pass comment, what's up with that? Can't you just pay to park on the lot?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Steff ... are there any TG plans for that weekend?  And the parking pass comment, what's up with that?  Can't you just pay to park on the lot?

The only 2 cash lots will be C and G. Are you driving...??? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
The only 2 cash lots will be C and G. Are you driving...???  :huh

YAS, if you're driving I personally recommend parking at the church. That's where I park for every game I go to. You get out of there so quick after the game's it's unbelievable.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Then you're going to have to park in the lot just west of the tracks down 33rd or 35th street. All the other lots are pass only for that series. Try to get into C (off 33rd) because they don't allow tailgating in G (off 35th). I would say noon is a good time to get there but like I said above you might not get into the lot until closer to 1.

Alright, thanks. I printed out that map of the lots so i wont get lost.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
YAS, if you're driving I personally recommend parking at the church.  That's where I park for every game I go to.  You get out of there so quick after the game's it's unbelievable.

That lot is going to be packed several hours before the game.. good if you're with a group.. bad if you're alone.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
YAS, if you're driving I personally recommend parking at the church.  That's where I park for every game I go to.  You get out of there so quick after the game's it's unbelievable.

The church?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
That lot is going to be packed several hours before the game.. good if you're with a group.. bad if you're alone.

Ya, well it depends what game he's going to I guess. I'm actually probably taking the el for that series just cause last year it was the most ridiculous thing ever to get in and out of the lots for me. Also for the Sunday game they have real church so that lot will be closed, forgot about that. Still if you're going there Friday or Saturday and get there early enough you should be ok.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
Yeah, it's not too shabby.  It's literally off the exit and you run right into it when trying to get into the USCF pay lots.

I love it cause after the game you get back on the highway right away, it's fantastic.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Yeah, it's not too shabby.  It's literally off the exit and you run right into it when trying to get into the USCF pay lots.

i park at the church every game.

best possible location, absolutley 0 traffic on the way out. Just need to get to the game aerly enough.

And ian, it's up to you what we do. We could just meet up there around 5ish or whatever.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
The church?

It's right off the 35th exit, I could be wrong cause I'm absolutely terrible with directions but I believe for you coming from Kentucky when you'd get off at the 35th exit, you'd make a left at the stop light right in front of the cell and then it's the first parking lot and they'll be waving people in.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
It's right off the 35th exit, I could be wrong cause I'm absolutely terrible with directions but I believe for you coming from Kentucky when you'd get off at the 35th exit, you'd make a left at the stop light right in front of the cell and then it's the first parking lot and they'll be waving people in.

if he's coming south, you....

get off at the 35th exit, make the left toward the park, make the next left, go down a bit and you'll see a guy waving you in. It's right before 37th i believe.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
if he's coming south, you....

get off at the 35th exit, make the left toward the park, make the next left, go down a bit and you'll see a guy waving you in.  It's right before 37th i believe.

Kentucky 'y'all'. ;) I'll be coming FROM the south. :P