potential gold glovers?

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
rowand possibly, i cant remember any errors hes made in recent memory. as weird as konerko sounds for a gold glove, i dont remember him making any errors yet either. in fact, hes done pretty well defensively in my opinion. and theres AJ too.

It is impossible to even try to predict gold gloves in june. One game could ruin your chances of a gold glove. Especially outfielders.

Rowand yes, the other two, no chance.  Torii Hunter has the lockdown on CF though, giving Rowand only a slight chance at best.

Thanks for playing though.

i specifically remember hunter dropping two fly balls, one against the sox. those cant be his only errors. i dont think hunter will win it this year.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
i specifically remember hunter dropping two fly balls, one against the sox. those cant be his only errors. i dont think hunter will win it this year.

The first gold glove is the hardest one to win. I'll take any bets against Hunter.

Um, he doesn't have to beat Hunter, as it is just OF, not CF. Ichiro and Hunter are locks on name alone. Carlos Lee had no errors last year, he didn't win a GG. It isn't just on errors, it goes by highlight reel plays, and plays others wouldn't make. Konerko is terrible compared to some AL 1B. Rowand has a 2% chance.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
Rowand yes, the other two, no chance.  Torii Hunter has the lockdown on CF though, giving Rowand only a slight chance at best.

Thanks for playing though.

OF doesn't go by position.

So even if Torii grabs a GG ARow can too.

And the thought of Konerko winning a GG... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
OF doesn't go by position.

So even if Torii grabs a GG ARow can too.

And the thought of Konerko winning a GG... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I have read on a couple of occasions that Konerko is much improved this year. I don't get to see many games, so I can't say one way or the other.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
I have read on a couple of occasions that Konerko is much improved this year.  I don't get to see many games, so I can't say one way or the other.

Konerko+much improvement still does not = GG

I would agree, I thought Konerko was at worst "average" defensively last year and he's at least the same this year. He's certainly not a liability over there and he doesn't make very many mental mistakes in the field, if at all.

I do not see him in the Gold Glove class, purely an observation on my part.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I would agree, I thought Konerko was at worst "average" defensively last year and he's at least the same this year.  He's certainly not a liability over there and he doesn't make very many mental mistakes in the field, if at all.

I do not see him in the Gold Glove class, purely an observation on my part.

Paulie's no gold glover, but he's certainly not the slug many make him out to be. Even prior to this year, he's been decent.

QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)

Really? This year he has dropped two balls? When? I find this very surprising, I would think any ball Hunter dropped would be a full extension dive drop, which generally isnt called an error.