Nats win 10th ballgame in a row.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

It'd definitely be cool to see the Nats win that division, that being said I still expect the Braves to do it just because they're the braves even though I think Florida is the better team.

Edited by Rowand44

I've only seen them 3 or 4 times but they are a fun team to watch, and they are winning in a very similar way to the Sox. Mostly low scoring, mostly down to the last couple innings, and then the Nats find a different way/player to win. Plus, you gotta love Frank Robinson. Toma Ohka says "F off", a few days later, Frank says "f*** you, get lost, off to MF'ing Milwaukee" and not to mention they get Junior Spivey in the deal and Spivey hits the key homer today. Loaiza's doing great for them too.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 05:30 AM)
Best story in baseball this year. Nick Johnson has been all-world and of course Patterson has been awesome. Anyone pitch with as much heart as Livan? Definitely moved into my top five favorite teams

Yeah, I like all those guys and i'm a huge Wilkerson backer too.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
It'd definitely be cool to see the Nats win that division, that being said I still expect the Braves to do it just because they're the braves even though I think Florida is the better team.

They’re suffering a lot of injuries. I don’t expect them to go anywhere this year.

I don't see the Nationals winning this division. But it's awesome to see them win 10 in a row and have the lead. The Braves and Marlins have to be really worried about the Nationals and the Phillies right now. The Phillies are staying right with the Nationals.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Best story in baseball this year. Nick Johnson has been all-world and of course Patterson has been awesome. Anyone pitch with as much heart as Livan? Definitely moved into my top five favorite teams

Nick Johnson is turning into one of my favorite players.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
I don't see the Nationals winning this division. But it's awesome to see them win 10 in a row and have the lead. The Braves and Marlins have to be really worried about the Nationals and the Phillies right now. The Phillies are staying right with the Nationals.

Didn't the Devil Rays win like 12 in a row last year?

The Braves and Marlins really do need to be worried, but it's about their own teams. Lowell still isn't hitting for the Marlins. The Braves Bullpen is in dire straits, and God only knows how long Chipper will be out.

Those 2 teams are still the best in that division, in my opinion. Teams get hot and cool off quite often, and that will happen to both the Nats and Phils at some point. Look at Texas - they were killing everyone 2 weeks ago, now they're back to 2.5 back.

That's a wide open division, which makes in interesting. And because everyone's so good, the wild card probably won't come from that division, as there's no one to beat up on. That could help the (shudder) Cubs a lot.