Kotex Boy

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
He has not written a column since last wednesday.  Anyone know what the story is?  Is he on vacation or something?

I don't think we are that lucky, I'm sure we would of heard by now. But, one can dream. :pray

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
It's a good coincidence that he hasn't written since there was all that controversy and the Sun-Times had to correct all those mistakes in his column.  I wouldn't be surprised if they at least suspended him for a little bit.

don't remember seeing anything on this. what happened?

From today's column:

Excuse me for not morphing into Hawk Jacksper during three days of vacation, but I shouldn't need to remind folks in Chicago that pennants aren't won in mid-June.

Vacation?!?! I don't watch the show, but I'm pretty sure you were on Around the Horn during your vacation. We all know you were suspended Jay, you don't have to cover it up by saying you were on vacation instead of covering the HUGE Cubs-Red Sox series. You know he had a column in the can about Curses all cued up for friday. That we didn't see it tells us all we need to know.

I just sent this to Kotex boy

Vacation my ass!

You got a nice little break for printing a factually inaccurate column, while not even bothering to check the facts. In your first column back, you don't apologize or even acknowledge it. You just lie again and say you were on vacation. Are we to believe that you chose to take a "vacation" during the same weekend as the storied Cubs-Reds Sox series? Do you think we're all dumb? Why were you on vacation from the paper, but not from the national TV show?

Just admit it. Your bosses told you to grab some bench, or "you gone."

Chances of getting a reply?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
So that was you on critics? Nice :cheers

Yep, that was me.

I ripped Jon Buch-O-Gras too (I'm not spelling his name right. I'm not even going to try)

He said that $375K was 1/10th the salary of $37.5M on Sportscenter last night. Ouch. Math, not a strong point.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
It's a good coincidence that he hasn't written since there was all that controversy and the Sun-Times had to correct all those mistakes in his column.  I wouldn't be surprised if they at least suspended him for a little bit.

That's gotta be the case. I think it would be so sweet if they printed that he was suspended becaue of what he did but they wont. Oh well.