Maggs Rumor

DBAHO

From USAtoday so it's probably not a credible source, but still take it FWIW;

Ordonez, who signed a five-year, $75 million contract, has told friends he wouldn't mind being traded this winter if the Tigers don't show improvement. ...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a crazy theory... if you don't want to play for a team that loses, don't sign with a team that hasn't had a winning record since 1993.

You reap what you sow Maggser. You valued money over team, you got your money now. I hope you rot in that cesspool until your contract is out, and they never see the light of .500

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
So you guys take a Page 6 quality rumor as fact? Man

If it's in the press, it's going to be attached to Maggs, true or not. You should know that by now.

What a shame.

IMO, in the history of the Chicago White Sox, here are your three best outfielders:

Joe Jackson

Magglio Ordonez

Harold Baines

And that is the particular order that I'd put them in.

White Sox Players 1901-2004

Call me crazy, call me demented, but that's what I came up with after researching everything.

Who in the world would take a guy making $60 million over 4 years and who hasn't been healthy for a full season's worth of games since 2003? I mean, I know the Yankees need another outfielder or two, but Jesus, that was a terrible contract when the Tigers signed him to it, and it's a terrible contract today. No one else was considering offering him more than 2 years, and Boras got 5 out of the Tigers.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Did everyone hate Mags this much when he was with the team?  I don't live in the area anymore, so I really don't know what the local opinion is.  I just remember him being really popular before I moved away from Chicago.

He was really popular. Great guy with the community, etc. But when you turn on your team, you get a backlash. That is all. Sosa was really popular on the North Side for quite some time too.

Now he's a rich guy who's too hurt to play for a losing team, he didn't give the Sox the chance to even examine him before the arbitration deadline last year, he switched agents to Boras to deliberately piss off management, and he's spent the last 6 months engaged in a verbal war of words with the city and the team. That's a wonderful way to burn bridges.

(That, and I think a couple of us are wondering if he might have had anything extra, um, enhancing his performance over the last few years and that might explain his recent injury rash)

Oh, and on top of that, getting rid of Maggs was 1 big step towards building the 1st place team we have this year. That's another big help.

From the USA Today...

Quote:

The Chicago White Sox recently attempted to acquire Oakland third baseman Eric Chavez, but the A's refused to trade him. ... The Tigers unloaded reliever Ugueth Urbina after he got into a fight with injured outfielder Magglio Ordonez and had a verbal confrontation with closer Troy Percival. The Marlins, Mets and Red Sox also made offers to acquire Urbina before he was sent to the Phillies. ... The Phillies originally hoped to trade infielder Placido Polanco for Yankees setup man Tom Gordon, before turning to Detroit. ... Ordonez, who signed a five-year, $75 million contract, has told friends he wouldn't mind being traded this winter if the Tigers don't show improvement. ...

MAGGS THE FIGHTER LOL