*IF* The sox made it to the series....

drowninginflame

Me, I am basing the vacation time I have left on the world series, if the white sox make it I am traveling to whatever city it would be held.

Hopefully the American League will win the All Star game and I won't have to travel anywhere.

I've waited my whole life for this, I ain't gonna miss it.

* Hypothetically speaking *

Anyone else wanna join me?

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Me, I am basing the vacation time I have left on the world series, if the white sox make it I am traveling to whatever city it would be held.

Hopefully the American League will win the All Star game and I won't have to travel anywhere. 

I've waited my whole life for this, I ain't gonna miss it.

* Hypothetically speaking *

Anyone else wanna join me?

:gosoxretro:

I swear I will hitch hike if I had too.

I will congratulate myself on never having jixed it by making posts like this before the season is even halfway over.

Two bad series for us and that lead could vanish. Like that. Twins were 8.5 games back at the All-Star break in 2003. Never, EVER underestimate them.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
I will congratulate myself on never having jixed it by making posts like this before the season is even halfway over.

Two bad series for us and that lead could vanish. Like that. Twins were 8.5 games back at the All-Star break in 2003. Never, EVER underestimate them.

I lost 3 tvs in 2003. I have 4 holes in the wall too. :crying

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)

They still have games here no matter what...

Oh Minnesota will win the wild card at the very least.

I ain't jinxin anything

If Minnesota takes us down, it might very well be them and Cleveland that take the playoff spots. Remember, in 2003, at the All-Star break, the White Sox were 7.5 GB and the Twins 8.5 GB. Even though Pena got Manager of the Year, there were no Royals in the division race come September.

This team isn't even doing the kind of domination that past clubs who missed the Series did. In 2000, 6.5 games up is what we called a bad week for the Sox, and in 1983, well, the lead was even greater. None of those teams made it to the series.

Worry about the division and the wildcard before you even start worrying about the playoffs, and worry about the ALDS first and foremost -- ONCE YOU GET THERE.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
If Minnesota takes us down, it might very well be them and Cleveland that take the playoff spots. Remember, in 2003, at the All-Star break, the White Sox were 7.5 GB and the Twins 8.5 GB. Even though Pena got Manager of the Year, there were no Royals in the division race come September.

This team isn't even doing the kind of domination that past clubs who missed the Series did. In 2000, 6.5 games up is what we called a bad week for the Sox, and in 1983, well, the lead was even greater. None of those teams made it to the series.

Worry about the division and the wildcard before you even start worrying about the playoffs, and worry about the ALDS first and foremost -- ONCE YOU GET THERE.

We are also dealing with a good twins team too.

Although we will probably go on some kind of terrible losing streak during September and scew ourselves out of the playoffs AGAIN . . . IF we make it, I will order a credit card and put myself into lifelong debt, buying tickets to every playoff game I can get my hands on.

I will tell my dad to find a scalper who will sell him at least 1 ticket. I will then literally fly back to Chicago to attend 1 game, blowing probably $500 or more in the process. I will never enjoy spending money more at any point in my life.

That is, of course, unless the Sox end up playing the Padres, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, or Giants. In that case, I'll hit up some of the away games out here.

Either way...if the Sox make the W.S. at some point in my life...I will be there. Even if its just for one game. I don't care what it takes. I will not miss the first one.

Well first off I will do everything in my power to buy tickets to every post-season game in Chicago. Then I would beg, plead, & barter with my friends in St Louis to attend those games.

I have as much confidence in the Cards repeating as NLCS winners as I do the White Sox getting to the World Series. Since birth I've been a Cards fan but my loyalty is firmly entrenched with the Chicago White Sox.