McCarthy

mr_genius

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Didn't most of the board think he wasn't ready anyways?

na, most of the board was very angry at the very mention of McCarthy not being ready for the majors. it's obvious he needs some more work

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
So, you guys still think McCarthy is ready for MLB hitters?

I thought this kid is supposed to have pinpoint control, he has gone full on alot of hitters and walked alot. I know he is young and only 21 years old. DBTH

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I thought this kid is supposed to have pinpoint control, he has gone full on alot of hitters and walked alot.  I know he is young and only 21 years old.  DBTH

I think he's having the Kerry Wood problem. Tries to K everyone and doesn't know you could just get the simple groundball. Anyway, this many runs would've gotten Contreras the win yesterday while today, it doesn't look like it'll be enough.

QUOTE(olp_nch @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Who the hell is this McCarthy kid.... and what happend to that Spring Training Phenom pitcher we had?

But seriously folks, the kid is 21, and has no change up..... what do you expect?

He showed a changeup in ST which made him so dominating. That's what shocks me the most.

QUOTE(olp_nch @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Who the hell is this McCarthy kid.... and what happend to that Spring Training Phenom pitcher we had?

But seriously folks, the kid is 21, and has no change up..... what do you expect?

What happened to that changeup all that I read about him was saying he had a good changeup I have not seen him throw one yet.

his last 2 starts,

he hasnt been able to locate his curve

he hasnt been able to comand or locate his change up

whats that leave?

88 - 92 MPH fastballs

what do big leauge hitters do when this happens, sit on the fast ball...

when BMac gets his control and command back (like spring training and simi-cubs game) he'll be much much better

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
his last 2 starts,

he hasnt been able to locate his curve

he hasnt been able to comand or locate his change up

whats that leave?

88 - 92 MPH fastballs

what do big leauge hitters do when this happens, sit on the fast ball...

when BMac gets his control and command back (like spring training and simi-cubs game) he'll be much much better

You sound too smart, I like the drunken stupid poll creating hi8is better than the smart hi8is :lolhitting

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...0&hl=hi8is+poll

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
I think he's having the Kerry Wood problem. Tries to K everyone and doesn't know you could just get the simple groundball.

He's not a gb pitcher, though, from what I've heard. If that's true, it's not something that you can just change.

I thought the Royals pitchers did a great job of hitting against him. They fought back from 2 strikes a bunch of times, and hit a bunch of pitcher's pitches. The truth is that he didn't have very good command of his curve ball tonight. Not sure why - but that was the difference. If he throws that for strikes, he'd be owning the Royals.

If Dye catches Teahan's jam shot, that's two fewer runs. Stairs did a great job of hitting with that opposite field shot off a high fastball. Give Stairs some credit.

Still don't know why he walked 4 though. Clearly didn't have great control. Even so, McCarthy wasn't afraid of the bat.

No dingers is a good sign.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Personally, i think Brandon is one year away from being ready.

At least. I've liked how the White Sox have done business this year for the most part, but they've tried to force feed McCarthy. The kid is not even ready for AAA let alone the majors.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
HOLY s***, STOP MAKING EXCUSES HE WOULDNT BE IN THE MAJORS IF THEY DIDNT EXPECT HIM TO PRODUCE WHICH HE ISNT!

It's really easy to take a s*** on a 21 yr old prospect flung into a team that expects perfection every night. Simply put, I think everyone needs to take a step back and not write McCarthy off so soon. You guys make sound like he's Kris Honel or something.

But hey, if posting I told you so's every start gets your rocks off, then go right ahead and splooge all over your monitor.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
It's really easy to take a s*** on a 21 yr old prospect flung into a team that expects perfection every night. Simply put, I think everyone needs to take a step back and not write McCarthy off so soon. You guys make sound like he's Kris Honel or something.

But hey, if posting I told you so's every start gets your rocks off, then go right ahead and splooge all over your monitor.

haha, uh no one is saying that... we are saying he isn't ready for the majors yet... comprehensive reading my friend, learn it.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
haha, uh no one is saying that... we are saying he isn't ready for the majors yet... comprehensive reading my friend, learn it.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that threads are mutually exclusive from one another. This thread combined with the other shows me that people are nutting themselves over their very BOLD and GLORIOUS predictions of a 21 year old not being ready and struggling in the majors. Good job, on that. I'll be sure to listen to you guys when predict the next gem...maybe whether or not the sun will rise tommorow?

But running him out there is a necessity in the assessment of the team's weaknesses. If he could hack it, great, we don't need to go grab a pitcher. Needless to say, I'd at least give him another start or two.