McCarthy

mr_genius

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 21 year old rookie who's made 1 good start and 2 poor ones, wow, that's never happened before. Maybe he'll be able to help this year, maybe not, but it should have no bearing on his long term outlook. Either way, it certainly seems like he's gonna get a couple more starts while El Duque's currently on the DL, so for now there's no reason to s*** on him; I'll just hope he can turn it around and make a couple good starts and then all will be fine again with BMAC.

I just hope El Duque gets healthy soon. He isn't fun to watch either but he still doesn't give up as many runs.

Does anyone even feel like watching Prior vs. McCarthy at the Cell on Sunday? That's not going to be a fun one.

It looks that way. They are saying he doesn't need any rehab starts.

The Cubs forcing a pitcher back quickly in time to face the White Sox? Yeah, they don't care about beating us at all.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
It's really easy to take a s*** on a 21 yr old prospect flung into a team that expects perfection every night.

Yeah, but try that with a hooker and you get punched in the face. :P

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
So, you guys still think McCarthy is ready for MLB hitters?

Nope. BMac has a great future ahead of him, but he's still about two years away.

He was supposed to start this season in AA, but because of his good Spring Training, he was rushed prematurely to AAA. He hasn't been successful at AAA yet.

Let's hope El Duque gets well soon!

QUOTE(Iguana @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
I'd sure do that trade.  Oswalt is proven and damn good.

You would, but Tim Purpura is rolling around on the floor laughing his ass off after being proposed that. Houston is gonna trade Clemens before Oswalt anyways.

But yes on B-Mac, no he's not ready, and I didn't sway from that opinion even after spring training. His AAA stats prove he's still leaving the ball way up in the zone and he's getting killed HR wise, a big no-no at the Cell which we saw today. 4 BB's and 0 K's is hardly McCarthy like anyways, so I gotta say that was a little suprising.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
BMac actually pitched pretty well tonight until the 5th inning. Dye got a horrible jump on a ball that cost him 2 runs.

Dye did an amazing job to make that play even look close. I am not sure how the play looked on TV, but I was at the game... and it was just a lucky hit.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Dye did an amazing job to make that play even look close.  I am not sure how the play looked on TV, but I was at the game... and it was just a lucky hit.

I also was at the game, and Dye stood in his tracks for a long while before moving for the ball.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I also was at the game, and Dye stood in his tracks for a long while before moving for the ball.

Dye's definitely a liability in right field, mobility wise. He's got a good arm, he just doesn't get as many chances to use it as he really should in better situations.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Dye's definitely a liability in right field, mobility wise. He's got a good arm, he just doesn't get as many chances to use it as he really should in better situations.

Nearly every single time he has had a chance to throw someone out or hold a runner etc... he over throws it by alot.

Dye's defense has been nothing but disappointing all season. I'm pretty confident in saying that Ordonez would have made Teahan's blooper look like a pretty routine, difficult catch with his little knee-first slide he used to do. If you watch the replay, that ball landed underneath Dye, not in front of him. Thankfully, Dye has been sensational at the plate lately. He sure has the ability to make the Cell look small when he bats.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Nearly every single time he has had a chance to throw someone out or hold a runner etc... he over throws it by alot.

He's got too good of an arm then. :P

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Dye did an amazing job to make that play even look close.  I am not sure how the play looked on TV, but I was at the game... and it was just a lucky hit.

LMAO

I was at the game Dye and that was a HORRIFIC jump on the ball. He stood there for a good amount of time trying to track the ball. It looks all nice and cut when he dies but that was a horses*** jump and if you deny that you weren't watching.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
BMac actually pitched pretty well tonight until the 5th inning. Dye got a horrible jump on a ball that cost him 2 runs.

I dunno...seemed he was having major trouble with the changeup, and falling behind hitters after first pitch strike. 4 walks out of a guy with a history of good control, and an average to above average fastball at best...that is asking for trouble.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
LMAO

I was at the game Dye and that was a HORRIFIC jump on the ball.  He stood there for a good amount of time trying to track the ball.  It looks all nice and cut when he dies but that was a horses*** jump and if you deny that you weren't watching.

I think Dye busted his tail after reading the ball... but there was no way he was gonna catch that ball unless he came running in right when the ball left the bat. Not easy to tell the ball was fisted out there. I think Dye gave good effort on that ball, and if people want to blame him for those BMac runs that is B.S. I just hope BMac learned something from tonights game.

Best of luck in the future BMac.