AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Cloudyguy09

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Im still trying to figure out how a white sox winner thread turned into talk about seeing some other dudes penis...

the penis mightier ;)

yea so how about those white sox, i heard they won tonight.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
4 ER in 5 IP would have still been bad against the Sweeney-less Royals.

Thatd be correct but it's a lot better than 6 ER.

My point wasn't to say the BMac pithced good, it was to say that Dye cost him 2.

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
This morning on Mike and Mike they were talking about how the Sox could go .500 the rest of the way out and win 94 games.  I guess that'd be 95 now.  That's pretty dern good.

I'm not advocating going .500 for the rest of the season, just pointing out that given that I don't feel that they will start playing at a .500 or lower level anytime soon, we're in a perty good place right now.

First off, I knocked on all wood objects within knocking distance...

Second of all, HELL YEAH!!

To think that .500 ball (and perish the thought!!!) from here on out would still get us 95 wins is astounding. Historians here, correcte me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have only had one 100-win season in team history, and that was championship year 1917. They only had a half-dozen less gemes then compared to now, so it's a pretty comparable situation and will be a memorable feat WHEN (not if) we do it this year.:gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

Then again, the 1915 team that we're now being compared to (ie, best out of the gate starts in franchise history) seems to have cooled off quite a bit, since they only ended up with 93 wins and we all know that was not enough to make the playoffs that year.

But do I see us cooling off like that in the near future...? HELL NO!!!

Dare I say it... well, I did knock on the wood and all... OK, here goes... This is starting to feel like... "The Year"!

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox1: :gosoxretro:

This game proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that B-mac is nowhere near ready for the show. If you can't get out ouf the 5th inning against the Royals, you're simple not ready. I've been a big backer of Luis Vizcaino, but as of right now, I have zero faith he'll ever come around. We need another arm in that pen. The offense was great, as it should be against this pathetic Royal's staff. Hard to believe we've now got an 8 game lead on the Twins. :headbang