Kenny Rogers sends cameraman to the hospital

Balta1701

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all are way too young. Us old guys will remember this Kenny Rogers classic and soooo fitting.

Ev’ryone considered him the coward of the county.

He’d never stood one single time to prove the county wrong.

His mama named him tommy, the folks just called him yellow,

But something always told me they were reading tommy wrong.

He was only ten years old when his daddy died in prison.

I looked after tommy ’cause he was my brother’s son.

I still recall the final words my brother said to tommy:

Son, my life is over, but yours is just begun.

Promise me, son, not to do the things I’ve done.

Walk away from trouble if you can.

It won’t mean you’re weak if you turn the other cheek.

I hope you’re old enough to understand:

Son, you don’t have to fight to be a man.

There’s someone for ev’ryone and tommy’s love was becky.

In her arms he didn’t have to prove he was a man.

One day while he was workin’ the gatlin boys came callin’.

They took turns at becky.... there was three of them!

Tommy opened up the door and saw his becky cryin’.

The torn dress, the shattered look was more than he could stand.

He reached above the fireplace and took down his daddy’s picture.

As his tears fell on his daddy’s face, he heard these words again:

Promise me, son, not to do the things I’ve done.

Walk away from trouble if you can.

It won’t mean you’re weak if you turn the other cheek.

I hope you’re old enough to understand:

Son, you don’t have to fight to be a man.

The gatlin boys just laughed at him when he walked into the barroom.

One of them got up and met him halfway ’cross the floor.

When tommy turned around they said, hey look! ol’ yellow’s leavin’.

But you coulda heard a pin drop when tommy stopped and blocked the door.

Twenty years of crawlin’ was bottled up inside him.

He wasn’t holdin’ nothin’ back; he let ’em have it all.

When tommy left the barroom not a gatlin boy was standin’.

He said, this one’s for becky, as he watched the last one fall.

And I heard him say,

I promised you, dad, not to do the things you done.

I walk away from trouble when I can.

Now please don’t think I’m weak, I didn’t turn the other cheek,

And papa, I sure hope you understand:

Sometimes you gotta fight when you’re a man.

Ev’ryone considered him the coward of the county.

For all of those calling the cameraman a wimp...

According to his doctors, he's had a pair of herniated disks in his neck and another pair in his back over the years from carrying around that camera.

He may have re-injured one of those previous injuries thanks to Rogers.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Looks like the Gambler is gonna have time for some extracurriculars.  Saw on ESPN that he's been suspended for 20 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2098862

That sounds fair to me. That makes him lose 4 starts, and it gets a message across, without really killing the Rangers.

1 big note...

He does have the ability to play in the all star game, and that doesn't count towards his suspension.  I think that stinks and hope Francona keeps this in mind when picking his team.

Why? He didnt want the camera guys in his face.. and about your comment above.. I saw what happened.. pushing a camera off someones shoulder isnt gonna seriously hurt them.. I saw the replay, the guys is a little b**** trying to get money out of this

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Why? He didnt want the camera guys in his face.. and about your comment above.. I saw what happened.. pushing a camera off someones shoulder isnt gonna seriously hurt them.. I saw the replay, the guys is a little b**** trying to get money out of this

I don't disagree that he's trying to get money out of it, but if you were injured by a multi-millionaire on camera, would you sit on your ass and not complain?

And secondly, pushing a 30 pound camera off of someone's shoulder, someone who already had preexisiting back and neck conditions, is actually enough to hurt them. It's not life threatening, but that doesn't mean Rogers' actions weren't illegal, and that doesn't mean he shouldn't have to pay up for them.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
I don't disagree that he's trying to get money out of it, but if you were injured by a multi-millionaire on camera, would you sit on your ass and not complain?

And secondly, pushing a 30 pound camera off of someone's shoulder, someone who already had preexisiting back and neck conditions, is actually enough to hurt them.  It's not life threatening, but that doesn't mean Rogers' actions weren't illegal, and that doesn't mean he shouldn't have to pay up for them.

Did you see the footage of this guy after Rogers went after him? He was getting ready to leave, you couldn't tell that he needed any medical assistance, and he winked at someone with a little smile. Next thing you know he's in an ambulance. I think Rogers got what he deserved as far as a suspension goes, and I think he should be ineligible for the All Star Game, especially if he has a clause for a nice bonus being selected. But this cameraman is milking it, no doubt about it.

And secondly, pushing a 30 pound camera off of someone's shoulder, someone who already had preexisiting back and neck conditions, is actually enough to hurt them.  It's not life threatening, but that doesn't mean Rogers' actions weren't illegal, and that doesn't mean he shouldn't have to pay up for them.

Thats whats wrong with the world today.. people are all about suing and getting money.. The camera wasnt even pushed OFF his shoulder.. He just pushed it up, and then they guy put the camera down and Rogers kicked it, which didnt even hit the guy..

He IS milking it.. the Suspension is also too long imo

Pushing a camera - 20 games

Taking Steroids - 10 games

:huh:

Did you see the footage of this guy after Rogers went after him? He was getting ready to leave, you couldn't tell that he needed any medical assistance, and he winked at someone with a little smile. Next thing you know he's in an ambulance. I think Rogers got what he deserved as far as a suspension goes, and I think he should be ineligible for the All Star Game, especially if he has a clause for a nice bonus being selected. But this cameraman is milking it, no doubt about it.

Yep, I saw that. The cameraman was perfectly fine. He gave a wink to his body as if to say, "Awesome, huh? Now I'm gonna be loaded."

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)

Which is why some of us want Bud Selig's "Miss 1/4 of the season" steroid policy to become the rule next offseason.

(If it doesn't, there's a good chance Congress will make it the olympic standard - 2 years on the first test)

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Thats whats wrong with the world today.. people are all about suing and getting money.. The camera wasnt even pushed OFF his shoulder.. He just pushed it up, and then they guy put the camera down and Rogers kicked it, which didnt even hit the guy..

He IS milking it.. the Suspension is also too long imo

:huh:

:lolhitting

I'm not defending either Rogers or the camera guy but haha.

He clearly pushed the camera right off his shoulder, then when he picked it up he ripped it away.

:lolhitting

I'm not defending either Rogers or the camera guy but haha.

He clearly pushed the camera right off his shoulder, then when he picked it up he ripped it away.

Rewatch it then... The camera when pushed did not fly off his shoulder.. it just went up.. then the man brought it to the ground where Rogers kicked it

There should be no way this guy had to see paramedics

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Rewatch it then... The camera when pushed did not fly off his shoulder.. it just went up.. then the man brought it to the ground where Rogers kicked it

There should be no way this guy had to see paramedics

You haven't seen the whole thing then.

First he kinda pushes it off. Then the cameraman gets back up and puts the camera on his shoulder when Rogers now pushes it off. Then he picks it up and Rogers wrestles it away.