Of course El Caballo............

Tadahito Iguchi

QUOTE(Tadahito Iguchi @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Frank should be in it this year lol, whats his HRs to Abs ratio?

Well, 66 percent of his hits are homeruns(8 HRs 12 hits).

55 AB, 8 homeruns, so about 1 homerun every 6 or so at bats.(edit: more like 1 out of 6.88, so 1 out of 7)

pretty impressive whatever way you look at it

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
going to be a pretty dull homerun derby at comerica.

Something tells me the 1 round record which seems to fall every year will be standing tall this year.

Bit of a change between the Cell, Minute Maid, and Comerica, that's for sure.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
Play first base.

A lot easier to change the complexion of your team by changing outfielders, wow, guess what, it's working.

That's kind of misleading. We altered the complexion of the team moreso by changing the salary of our left fielder. It isn't just a removal of Carlos Lee and an insertion of Scott Podsednik that has made this team better.

Guest JimH
That's kind of misleading.  We altered the complexion of the team moreso by changing the salary of our left fielder.  It isn't just a removal of Carlos Lee and an insertion of Scott Podsednik that has made this team better.

I didn't say, nor imply, that it was that simple.

clee deserves it. his numbers this year are monstrous.

i was in support of the trade from the beginning but for the first time (after realizing he has 22 HR and 72 RBI) i'm starting to have second thoughts... but then you realize we got AJ and Hermey and Viz and Duque and Dye also and its ok again... but... still part of me wonders what it'd be like if we still did have Lee...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
clee deserves it.  his numbers this year are monstrous.

i was in support of the trade from the beginning but for the first time (after realizing he has 22 HR and 72 RBI) i'm starting to have second thoughts... but then you realize we got AJ and Hermey and Viz and Duque and Dye also and its ok again... but... still part of me wonders what it'd be like if we still did have Lee...

Which is the difference in small markets and large. We have to dig a hole to fill a hole. At best we lop off the extra (homeruns) to add to the shortage (speed)