Look who's playing RF for the Tigers tonight

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I don't know why the Tigers would put Maggs at clean-up after so long, but then again the Tigers suck.

Who's Gleeman?

EDIT:  5-1 Tigers.

www.aarongleeman.com

Esteemed Twins Blogger, and he writes for Rotoworld and the Hardball Times.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
I do miss the chant, but for the money, no thank you. He's going to be an albatross on the Tigers' payroll for quite some time. He'll be .300, 25, 90 tops even if he gets back to his old form in that park.

Before this season, he had 1 HR in 135 AB's at Comerica.

The Yankees are now losing 10-2 in the 6th. Randy Johnson gave up 7 of the runs, all earned.

I don't know why people are scared to play these guys in August. They're a bad team this year, that's all there is to it. And old players don't get better as the year goes. We'll destroy them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
The Yankees are now losing 10-2 in the 6th.  Randy Johnson gave up 7 of the runs, all earned.

I don't know why people are scared to play these guys in August.  They're a bad team this year, that's all there is to it.  And old players don't get better as the year goes.  We'll destroy them.

I still wouldn't write off the Yanks, but Randy continuing to suck certainly doesn't help their case. They still have 4 guys hitting .300 or better, which helps them win some games despite poor pitching, and Rivera and Gordon helps them get some close ones. They sure can't get anything going in stretches. By the way, I never said I think they could beat the Sox in a series, they are definitely inferior to our Sox.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
The Yankees are now losing 10-2 in the 6th.  Randy Johnson gave up 7 of the runs, all earned.

I don't know why people are scared to play these guys in August.  They're a bad team this year, that's all there is to it.  And old players don't get better as the year goes.  We'll destroy them.

I thought they were old last year, but they do have some pros. I wish the Sox played them now. They really can't get any worse than they have been playing. I agree that they may not be the dominating team many experts predicted they would be, but chances are they will be playing better baseball in August. They probably will have another hot streak or two. Didn't they win 16 of 18 at one point? I suppose it could happen again.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
I still wouldn't write off the Yanks, but Randy continuing to suck certainly doesn't help their case. They still have 4 guys hitting .300 or better, which helps them win some games despite poor pitching, and Rivera and Gordon helps them get some close ones. They sure can't get anything going in stretches. By the way, I never said I think they could beat the Sox in a series, they are definitely inferior to our Sox.

I wrote off the Yankees like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Here's why I did that. Assuming the Yankees lose today, which they will, they'll be 39-39. To get into the playoffs this year in the AL, a team will probably have to win about 95 games. To get to that win total, the Yankees would have to go 56-28. That's a tall order for an old team with no bullpen or starting pitching. Oh yeah, and they're old. Not gonna happen.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
I wrote off the Yankees like 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Here's why I did that.  Assuming the Yankees lose today, which they will, they'll be 39-39.  To get into the playoffs this year in the AL, a team will probably have to win about 95 games.  To get to that win total, the Yankees would have to go 56-28.  That's a tall order for an old team with no bullpen or starting pitching.  Oh yeah, and they're old.  Not gonna happen.

I see your point, but I think 95 wins is a little high. And I wouldn't exactly say that a team with Rivera and Gordon has NO bullpen. I don't expect Baltimore to hang around, and from what I've seen Texas and Minnesota might struggle to reach that mark also. They certainly need to get better soon to have any hope.

I'm just glad that i'm on good standing to say.... I TOLD YA SO!

SORRY BUT KNOWING THE TRUTH ABOUT RJ "TOO OLD" JOHNSON BACK IN DECEMBER AND NO ONE ELSE WOULD ADMIT IT. And to think almost everything besides me wanted to morgage our entire season on picking up Johnson, thus leaving us with a 3 man rotation at best along with no AJ, Iguchi, Dye, Herminson. Yeah such as good idea... HAHA!

This is why i'm so glad that loser turned down a trade here... HAHA!