Weekend Box Office

July 22 - 24

charlieandthechocolatefactory_releasepos

1.) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory $28,300,000

2.) Wedding Crashers $26,200,000

3.) Fantastic Four $12,275,000

4.) The Island $12,100,000

5.) Bad News Bears $11,500,000

Despite a flood of new film choices, moviegoers spent their time and money catching up on existing hits as the top three films remained unchanged from last weekend. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory held onto the number one spot, Wedding Crashers enjoyed an exceptional hold in second place, and Fantastic Four stayed put in third. The new futuristic sci-fi thriller The Island was a total disaster failing to find paying customers while the sports comedy Bad News Bears scored a mild opening. The urban drama Hustle & Flow and the horror sequel The Devil's Rejects each connected with their respective audiences while the documentary March of the Penguins made a triumphant appearance in the top ten despite a more limited release.

I have to say, Charlie was an absolutely awesome flick. Although it wasn't as "creepy" as some of the critics would have liked you to believe, it was certainly werid and downright goofy.

Although I haven't seen Wedding Crashers, I've heard nothing but GREAT things.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I have to say, Charlie was an absolutely awesome flick.  Although it wasn't as "creepy" as some of the critics would have liked you to believe, it was certainly werid and downright goofy.

Although I haven't seen Wedding Crashers, I've heard nothing but GREAT things.

Go see it, seriously. Everyone knows a girl like the crazy one in the movie, and that just makes it funnier.

Oh, and there's a great cameo. Maybe a lot of people knew about it, but it was surprising to me.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
I had heard NOTHING about the cameo, which made it better.

I figured nobody knew anything about it, but I knew nothing at all about the movie before I saw it. I assumed there was a chance that it had gotten out or something. Still, it was a great cameo.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
This Charlie was horrible... so strange and couldn't compete with the original... :chair

Damn a movie that goes back closer to the source material. After seeing the original Raold Dahl was so outraged and pissed at the final cut (because it deviated so much from his book) that he refused to let the sequel be made into a film.

Burton's film simply sticks more to the actual book.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
Wedding Crashers was brutal. Vince Vaughn was good, but Owen Wilson was awful. It was overall just a horrible movie in general. Couple of funny parts, but then just long bores in between. In sometimes wanted to be a love story more than a comedy, which is a no-no.

Are you kidding me? Everyone I know including myself loved the movie and found it completely hilarious.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Weekend Box Office

July 22 - 24

charlieandthechocolatefactory_releasepos

1.) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory $28,300,000

2.) Wedding Crashers $26,200,000

3.) Fantastic Four $12,275,000

4.) The Island $12,100,000

5.) Bad News Bears $11,500,000

Despite a flood of new film choices, moviegoers spent their time and money catching up on existing hits as the top three films remained unchanged from last weekend. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory held onto the number one spot, Wedding Crashers enjoyed an exceptional hold in second place, and Fantastic Four stayed put in third. The new futuristic sci-fi thriller The Island was a total disaster failing to find paying customers while the sports comedy Bad News Bears scored a mild opening. The urban drama Hustle & Flow and the horror sequel The Devil's Rejects each connected with their respective audiences while the documentary March of the Penguins made a triumphant appearance in the top ten despite a more limited release.

So this means Michael Bay can stop making movies? No, you say? His deal with the devil still trumps all of this? Alright just checking.

:lol:

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
Wedding Crashers was brutal. Vince Vaughn was good, but Owen Wilson was awful. It was overall just a horrible movie in general. Couple of funny parts, but then just long bores in between. In sometimes wanted to be a love story more than a comedy, which is a no-no.

You gotta love how BS can flow so effortlessly from Vince Vaughns mouth. That's my favorite part.