Madden 06

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
The DS will be getting an online browser as well. Don't really see the point of a handheld browser though.

I just can't wait to be playing Online Nintendo games for the first time ever.

Yeah, to tell you the truth I was a little dissapointed in the PSP at first (well overall as a gaming system). The only reason I like it now is I use it as an I-pod and portable movie player. I actually play more emulated games on it instread of the PSP games.

I absolutely love the browser cuz I can go online basically anywhere that as wireless internet. But everyone has their own opinions. If not for the browser, music, and videos the money towards the PSP would have been a huge waste.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
i heard they have NFL Films music as the background in this one.

that's an awesome idea.

Yeah, one song has a remix of it. I really like the soundtrack this year, usually they suck.

I love QB Vision, now you cant scramble to the left and throw an 80 yard bomb right on the money to the right side of the field. I like the truck stick too, even though Benson fumbles a lot :angry:

I give the game a 8/10 (NCAA is a 9.5/10 and probably made expectations for Madden higher for me)

I'm still mad that EA had to purchase exclusive NFL, bc they couldnt compete with Sega's 2K series, which was absolutely phenomenal.

This backfired on EA, when they lost the MLB rights to Sega, which screwed over my favorite baseball game.

I guess the US gov't doesn't worry about videogame monopolies. f*** Madden, it's cartoonish, and the gameplay is arcady.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Do you got won? If so, I challenge you to a Mario Kart online match when it comes out.

I challenge anyone to a race in the original Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo. I will win... I f***ing guarantee it! Seriously, I'm the best... ever.

boxartfront.jpg

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
I'm still mad that EA had to purchase exclusive NFL, bc they couldnt compete with Sega's 2K series, which was absolutely phenomenal.

This backfired on EA, when they lost the MLB rights to Sega, which screwed over my favorite baseball game.

I guess the US gov't doesn't worry about videogame monopolies.  f*** Madden, it's cartoonish, and the gameplay is arcady.

While I'm the last person in line to ever defend EA, I must say you're giving EA a lot of undue blame. Contrary to popular belief, EA just didn't approach the NFL and try to work out an exclusivity deal. The NFL, wanting a quick cash-in, actually put their license for exclusive use up for bid, and several publishers, including Sega, tried to bid for it. EA just outbid them, having to do whatever they could to keep the Madden franchise. Ridiculous, I know, but the NFL is really who we should be blaming, not EA.

I don't know the specifics on the MLB deal, but is sucks that there'll be no MVP. If I'm not mistaken, first party publishers can still release MLB games (S/N/M), so there will still be a MLB game from 989 next year. Rumor has it that the exclusivity deal actually doesn't start until a certain date next year, and that EA will try to release a MVP 2006 right before it starts, so we can have another year, or that they'll go to one of the first parties and have them publish it from now on. I have no idea though, these are just rumors, to take it for what it's worth.

Madden has actually received significantly lower review scores this year than previous years, with many reviews citing that little to no changes or upgrades have taken place. In my opinion, this has always been the case for many sports series, including Madden (I still can't fathom how people will literally trip over each other every year in a rush to pay $50 for practically the same game they already own, except for a roster update, five new animations, and a new bobble head mini-game), but it looks as if EA has taken it to new heights. Knowing that they have virtually no competition, they can get away this scott free, and this looks to be the case for the next five years. I wouldn't be surprised if EA is already cutting development costs on next year's version, sadly.

Edited by whitesoxfan13

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
Madden has actually received significantly lower review scores this year than previous years, with many reviews citing that little to no changes or upgrades have taken place. In my opinion, this has always been the case for many sports series, including Madden (I still can't fathom how people will literally trip over each other every year in a rush to pay $50 for practically the same game they already own, except for a roster update, five new animations, and a new bobble head mini-game), but it looks as if EA has taken it to new heights. Knowing that they have virtually no competition, they can get away this scott free, and this looks to be the case for the next five years. I wouldn't be surprised if EA is already cutting development costs on next year's version, sadly.

well they've lost one madden customer in me this year.

I've bought every ps2 version from 2001-2005, this year just isn't worth it.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
Yeah, one song has a remix of it. I really like the soundtrack this year, usually they suck.

I love QB Vision, now you cant scramble to the left and throw an 80 yard bomb right on the money to the right side of the field. I like the truck stick too, even though Benson fumbles a lot :angry:

I give the game a 8/10 (NCAA is a 9.5/10 and probably made expectations for Madden higher for me)

The 2004 Madden Soundtrack is the best IMO.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
I LOOOVE the Truck Stick. Sometimes Ill go for a trucking of the safety instead of going for a touchdown. lol

I still am having troubles with the passing deal

and I am confused on the buttons. Totally different (on xbox at least) from the 05 version

The X boxs only down fall, is that damn controller configuration.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Is Ron Mexico in the game?

No, but he will be the star in Midway's upcoming game, Blitz: The League.

It's basically Playmakers turned into a video game(which, actually, was the original name). You're an NFL player but there's a ton of off the field stuff. So you can become a star QB but fall on hard times for doing Crack. You know, basic stuff like that.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
So you can become a star QB but fall on hard times for doing Crack. You know, basic stuff like that.

:lolhitting

you had me laughing out loud at the "basic stuff" comment.

hahahah

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
I challenge anyone to a race in the original Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo.  I will win... I f***ing guarantee it!  Seriously, I'm the best... ever.

boxartfront.jpg

Not a chance....I play that game all the time when I'm bored on campus and just go chill out at my buddies dorm.

Old school Mario Cart rocks on a sidenote. The original as well as the one for N64 (the great battlemode on that).

Bought the game a few days ago, I personally like it, havn't had a lot of time to play it but I have played 4 games and after the 1st game I just turned off QB vision and am loving it. The truck stick rocks, if you learn how to use it properly you can really have fun running the ball.

Superstar mode is kinda stupid especially when you have Terrell Davis stalking you, he left me like 15 voice mails on my cell over a 2 day period STALKER!

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
any nfl 2k fans, or hell any football fans in general, watch this video.  It's a tribute to 2k, but has some really really really cool moments in it.

http://www.ocgn.com/features/movies/misc/N...GN_original.wmv

I was always a 2K guy. I had 2K and 2K1 for Dreamcast, and I ended up getting 2K5 last year. I hate how there's only one NFL game now.