How'd you find this place?

SnB

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
I googled white sox wallpapers and found a thread with a wallpaper in it i used it looked around the site joined and have been posting ever since.

I'm willing to bet this wallpaper was made by Ian...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Well one day the name Soxtalk.com sounded like a good idea...the rest is history and I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since. 

I try blowing up the server thinking you all would get the hint, but no, instead more people just show up :lol:

Just wait, one day you'll see a banner with a bunch of ivy in it ;)

In all serious, I'll throw a little history in here.  I was visiting WSI one day and saw a post by this weird guy named RIO (from the ESPN boards as well) and it said he was starting a website.

I almost never went on the internet back than but found it interesting and shot him an email.  Ended up starting SoxNet.net and I helped him out with it.  We had a message board there but eventually came up with the idea of starting a seperate board and came up with the name Soxtalk.com

We'd kind of split market them, posting articles here and on SoxNet and than eventually getting FutureSox.com involved.  SoxNet closed a little more than 2 years ago but Soxtalk has continued to grow and grow and the site never ceases to amaze me (and thats a good thing...most of the time).

Its been a cool ride and it takes up way too much of not only my time, but everyone's time.  We could of cured some major disease with all the time everyone here has put into Soxtalk.

Hell, ain't that the truth. Props to you, ChiSoxFn for starting this. Where would I waste away my hours of slowness at work :P

Anyway, I went Soxnet.net pretty frequently as well as WSI and the MLB boards. I found a link at WSI and the rest is history.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Same stroy goes for me. I miss Heather.... :huh

I think she's just really busy with her teaching stuff, once you get a full-time job and don't get an access to a computer during the day, it's just hard to keep up around here.

I was on staff at WSI and some stuff went down, and Jas and Mario both talked to me on AIM. I tricked them into letting me help with SoxNet, then tricked my way up the tricky ladder to help out with the calendar. Before long, I tricked my way into an admin position.

For all aspiring forum leaders, Jason digs compliments. Just stay away from his sex life.

I can honestly say I have no idea how I wound up here. I found the site around thanksgiving of '03, I lurked for months until someone posted something that pissed me off and I had to register and say something to them.

I was once named the next Jeckle which I tood offense to and stopped posting here for like 4 months, then something happened in the White Sox world and I came back. I have since quit approximatley 4 times yet always seem to find my way back here. I know I'll excape this place someday but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
So, NOBODY else got here by accident trying to log on to SEXTalk.com??  :P

:huh I think it was the sextalk.com that I misspelled incorrectly that got me here... Oops, it happens...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
I'm willing to bet this wallpaper was made by Ian...

Well I just did some searching and found it this was the first thread i ever entered here

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32097

So if you dont like me you can thank nitetrain for creating that thread :lol:

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
I have since quit approximatley 4 times yet always seem to find my way back here. I know I'll excape this place someday but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Bwaahaaahaaaahaaa . . .

We are programed to receive

You can check out any time you like

But you can never leave

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
Similar thing for me. But it was, I am pretty sure the name I will get correct, NorthsideSoxFan or something close. I am not so sure he posts too much here now. I was on the MLB board though, and I made a complaint, or he did and I commented on how I would like to see a more "mature" board. Thought I had found it. silly me. I also have never been back to the offical one, except to watch the implosion of Ncor. Anybody ever hear from him again?

I actually think it was me who gave you the link, or at least it was someone in the exact same situation as you...

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I was a refugee from the fascist purge of WSI a few years ago.  Some of the people there started talking about Soxnet and Soxtalk, I made the switch and never looked back.

:usa