School Started today

kapkomet

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Hoosier Courts @ Kinser.

My friend that's a b-ball manager lived in Collins last year.  He had a corner room, so it was really big/nice.  I like that location too.

Yeah, I've got a double as a single all to myself on a corner room, so it should be nice. And I found out that my floormate who lives right next to me is a fellow German major and he's really nice. The food at Collins is excellent but I'll have to try and ignore the artistes and emo kids. Shorter walk to Kirkwood from Wright is always nice. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:00 AM)
Yeah, I've got a double as a single all to myself on a corner room, so it should be nice. And I found out that my floormate who lives right next to me is a fellow German major and he's really nice. The food at Collins is excellent but I'll have to try and ignore the artistes and emo kids. Shorter walk to Kirkwood from Wright is always nice. :)

You're majoring in German? That's cool. My brother-in-law is going to Texas Tech, and he's getting a graduate assistant's position in the German department after he graduates in December.

He just got back from Germany last month and had a blast.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)

Yeah, Collins definitely did have the best food. My friend and I would eat lunch there everyday first semester. The buffet was clutch there.

You'll love having a double to yourself. That's what I ended up having last year, since my roommate left Indiana before school even started. :wacko:

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)

Did you do the exchange program to Germany when you were in high school? My parents are trying to force me to go because my sister went and had a blast, but I'm not too thrilled about it. I would be gone all of June and a german kid would come here in April.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
eh, i had a bad experience with a random roomate last year.

My cousins roomate this year is a guy from india with the same first and last name (like shri shri or something)who speaks almost no english. He should have a fun year.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
I have to be at school Sep. 4th

Seems as if I have the longest until school starts. September 6th is my "due date" lol. This year is gonna be fun but hard with the junior ACT's and SAT's and what not. Stressful yet fun because college is right around the corner...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Seems as if I have the longest until school starts. September 6th is my "due date" lol. This year is gonna be fun but hard with the junior ACT's and SAT's and what not. Stressful yet fun because college is right around the corner...

Junior year sucks. Enjoy. :D :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
Nah, it ain't to bad.  Definitely can be frusterating at times but you'll last.  Senior year though you can basically take off, I know I did. :)

Thanks for the tips. I am planning to basically blow off my senior year... :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
What have you taken as far as math?

I noticed a HUGE difference after Analysis (1 sem trig, 1 sem pre-calc). My math score shot up 6 points while the others stayed level. 6 points is a huge difference in one year.

i only took 1 math class my first year and that was pre-linear algebra (for business).

Kind of a weird class w/ all kinds of theories/problems you'll never have to deal with again. It's the pre-cursor class to the calculus i'm taking in the fall.

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
They say anything over a 24 will get you into Illinois...good job.

eeeeh, depends what you apply for.

I know someone that got a 30 and got turned down from engineering, while i know someone who got into the farming school w/ a 22.

Our math teacher is freaky smart.

I completed Alg 2 sophomore year, but realized the first day of analysis that what we were doing was totally different. Trig is way interesting if you are into that kind of stuff. Using angles and stuff. When it's not so cool is having to use all six trig functions in calculus. Made my head spin, but I did well enough on the AP test to not have to see it for at least a while.

[/nerd]

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
eeeeh, depends what you apply for.

I know someone that got a 30 and got turned down from engineering, while i know someone who got into the farming school w/ a 22.

Wow. Where did the 30-guy end up going???

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Grades>test scores.

i'd argue that. As long as you have decent grades (B area) you'll be fine. Test scores are what they look at first and foremost. Unless your grades are in the C area, they won't care about them