That kid who fell from the balcony

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
Agree, that he was stupid.

I think he was simply dazed. Falling knocks the equilibrium off. He was likely just stunned.

Apparently he nailed the camera on the net and that's why he was stabilized in a stretcher and such. Just what I heard.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mwolfson @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
I WAS AT THE GAME IN THE FIRST ROW BEHIND THE WHITE SOX DUGGOUT AND SAW THE THING HAPPEN AND THEN HEARD OZZIE SAY "CRAZY GUY, CRAZY" (WHILE STARRING AT THE GUY ON THE NET)... IT WAS PRETTY STRANGE!

P.S. Paulie threw me a ball and I was the kid wearing the Black Sox shirt and Sox hat... Some friends saw me. Here is the picture of me and my friend. Thanks GreaseyWheels!

Mike.jpg

Haha! I saw you on T.V!!!!!

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Apparently he nailed the camera on the net and that's why he was stabilized in a stretcher and such. Just what I heard.

From what I remember the camera there is mounted like the one at the cell at the front of the net...? For those that were there, or have been there since '02 can you give a little insight?

TIA.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
mwolfson,  its good you got on tv without jumping into a net like the idiot 18 year old did. :P

Thanks... I am 19 so that one year difference makes me feel a lot more mature... lol

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
I'm thinking he wouldn't win s***.  In fact, to stop that from happening again the yanks should sue the fan and donate any winnings to charity.

Maybe he wouldn't, but the people he fell on would. And you could bet your ass that they would win.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
You can't jump off a building and then sue the building owners....

And by the by if you have a swimming pool in YOUR backyard and someone hops YOUR fence and drowns in YOUR pool YOU are liable for it if you dont have a no trespassing sign posted. Im sure some lawyer could make this a winning case.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
And by the by if you have a swimming pool in YOUR backyard and someone hops YOUR fence and drowns in YOUR pool YOU are liable for it if you dont have a no trespassing sign posted. Im sure some lawyer could make this a winning case.

Even if you DO have a no tresspassing sign you can be sued.. and lose.

Someone watching on YES told me the camera shook when it happened, so he either hit camera or the camera is connected to the net in some way. I guess he could win a lawsuit if he said he fell, but if they witnesses of him that heard him say he was 'going to test the net' like the article says. If he would've fallen on someone else, I suppose the other guy could sue, but I'm not a law expert

EDIT: Also, I don't think they'll change it since it also happened in 2000. The article I just read says he faces up to a year in jail

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
See, this is why it's bad when the Yankees suck.  Their drunk fans get bored with the product on the field, and do crazy things.  And this is why the Yankees are always good.

....like punch opposing players who are trying to catch fly balls.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
Even if you DO have a no tresspassing sign you can be sued.. and lose.

I remember a few years back some dumb arse broke into someone's home or workplace (bar or something) and they guy shot him. Well, the home/bar owner was sued and lost. What a screwed up world we live in today.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
I remember a few years back some dumb arse broke into someone's home or workplace (bar or something) and they guy shot him.  Well, the home/bar owner was sued and lost. What a screwed up world we live in today.

I remember a story ... Some guy owned a sporting goods store in Michigan, iirc. He was repeatedly broken into and robbed ... through the same window every time. The police were no help. So this guy set up a bear trap under the window. The guy doing the break ins was trapped and caught. The store owner was arrested, convicted and sued.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)

I thought if you had a fence you were fine?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
My cousin lives in Kildeer, and fences around your yard are not allowed. Its strange driving down the street to his house. There are several in- ground pools in people's yards with no fences. It would have to be a nightmare for people with young kids living there.

Yep. They depend on those pool alarms (if the surface water moves it makes a noise - if you want to call it that). Part of the reason homeowners insurance is so high for pool owners. We have a fence around the pool (not around the yard) and the "just in case" rate is insane. It's pretty sick.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
My cousin lives in Kildeer, and fences around your yard are not allowed. Its strange driving down the street to his house. There are several in- ground pools in people's yards with no fences. It would have to be a nightmare for people with young kids living there.

hmm, my aunt and uncle live in kildeer as well (near long grove rd), I never thought of it, but now that you mention it I havent seen fenced in yards there. its also an upscale little community though, and those type of communities have alot of HOA rules.

My father used to live in batavia, and in his little subdivision above-ground pools were not allowed. Of course, the mayor lived down the street from us and had an above-ground pool......