Grossman's Season Basically Over

3-4 months.

:fight

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2132968

ST. LOUIS -- Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman will be out three to four months after breaking his left ankle in a preseason game Friday night, the team told ESPN.

Rex Grossman played only three games last season due to injury.

Grossman injured his left ankle early in the second quarter against the St. Louis Rams and was carted off the field. The Bears said the injury will sideline Grossman "indefinitely."

Grossman, who played in only three games last season before being sidelined by a right knee injury, was hurt with 11:08 to go in the half as he threw a pass. After being flushed out of the pocket and being spun around by Trev Faulk, he got back to his feet. While limping, Grossman signaled for a trainer.

He then sat down and grabbed his left knee. He slammed his helmet on the cart before he left the game.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Chad Hutchinson.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I ask is that you don't f*** up Orton.

If this kid has a legitimate shot of being an NFL quarterback--which, I think he does--groom him for a year and let's do this the right way.

Barring any trade, you start Hutchinson and Kitner for the year and let's groom the youngster the right way.

Grossman, you're plane is boarding. I know it's a bit early to comment on something like this, but if I'm the Bears, I'm over the Grossman expierence.

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Orton isn't even gonna play

How do you know this?

What has the Bears organization shown you to let you know Orton won't play this season.

That is, what has the Bears--the team with the most starting QBs for the past five seasons--shown you to make you think they won't start a fourth round rookie?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
How do you know this?

What has the Bears organization shown you to let you know Orton won't play this season.

That is, what has the Bears--the team with the most starting QBs for the past five seasons--shown you to make you think they won't start a fourth round rookie?

They trust Hutchinson a helluva lot. JMO but I would be shocked if Orton played a significant amount of time.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
How do you know this?

Bring back Krenzel