Grossman's Season Basically Over

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I've been out all night and just found out like 10 minutes ago. I had just walked in the door, and my friend called me and sounded all sad. I thought someone had died or something. Freaked the s*** out of me. Anyway, he was all like "s***, man, I can't believe what happened," thinking I'd alread heard, and it scared me bigtime. 3 people in my grade have already died in the last two years, so I hate getting late night calls like that or when someone calls me at like 7 a.m. Actually, I was kind of relieved when I found out it was just something that had happened to Grossman. But, then, I was pissed, especially b/c all the Grossman haters can use this as another "he's injury prone," when he's not. Like CWSGuy posted earlier, he never got hurt in high school or college, and then gets into the NFL and gets all the unlucky breaks. Last year's injury was the most unlucky of all, however, b/c of that piece of s*** astroturf.

Nonetheless, I still expect a better team than last year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
f*** it.

You asked for it...(not really)

You got it! :lol:  :lol:

Addy's Pre-Season QB Rankings

1. Leinart (USC)

2. Whitehurst (Clem)

3. McNeal (TAM)

4. Cutler (Vandy)

5. Croyle (Bama)

6. Clemens (Oregon)

7. Gradkowski (Tol)

8. Pinegar (Fres. St.)

9. Smith (Mizzou)

10. Betts (Miami, OH)

Whitehurst 2nd?

Sorry Addy, have to disagree to the max here. Anyone else i can take or leave, but whitehurst that high made me jump out of my seat.

So the other options out there at the moment;

Testaverde - Showed last year he could still pass effectively.

Ramsey - Not a favorite of Joe Gibbs. Wants to get rid of him to get Campbell in the lineup.

Rohan Davey - Impressed in NFL Europe IIRC, and there's some teams interested in him considering he's 3rd string behind Brady and Flutie. With Matt Cassell's emergence, he could be released anyway.

Josh McCown - Warner's the starter. Doubtful at best, and not really starter material.

Chris Simms - Another good option. Likely not to be in Tampa next year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Angelo tried to trade for Ramsey at one point.  Getting him now wouldn't shock me at all.

He could be had for something like a 3rd rounder. In the right offense, he's shown he can be a good starting QB in the league (under Spurrier's offense albeit).

Either way, Rex Grossman's status as the long - term starter lookd iffy at best right now, which is a shame because he's got talent, he just can't get on the field to show it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
He could be had for something like a 3rd rounder. In the right offense, he's shown he can be a good starting QB in the league (under Spurrier's offense albeit).

Either way, Rex Grossman's status as the long - term starter lookd iffy at best right now, which is a shame because he's got talent, he just can't get on the field to show it.

I actually like Ramsey, given a fair chance with a decent offensive line I think he can be a solid qb.

The problem is, its awful tough to get a guy in and teach him the offense this quickly. However, I've always been a Patrick Ramsey supporter and I wouldn't mind the move.

Although I do have some confidence in Hutchinson managing the offense in a sense. He's going to have to work on getting rid of the ball quicker though. Still he has a very strong arm and in the preseason has looked very crisp and accurate.

So if the Bears are going to get a QB, they better do it fast so they can get some preseason games in first and kind of get the system down.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
Whitehurst 2nd?

Sorry Addy, have to disagree to the max here. Anyone else i can take or leave, but whitehurst that high made me jump out of my seat.

Fair enough. :lol:

It's still a pre-season poll and those kids haven't stepped onto the field yet. However, the cream will rise to the top and Whitehurst will make a name for himself.

That said, he still isn't sweetheart #1. :lol:

You'll have to wait for that one. :ph34r:

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I cant even believe this s*** happened.  He is the f***ing Kerry Wood of football.  The whole bar I was in let out a collective "f***" when this happened.  I really really believed in Grossman too, lets pack it in and draft Leinhart.

^

i'm all in favor of throwing the season to get leinart, NHL style.

Bears always win meaningless games at the end for "pride." This year will be no different. Even if they did have the worst record, they'd probably do a #1 for the #12 & a 3rd rounder. Then they'll say they could get a decent QB at that position(a bum like Cade McNown) and fill another whole(another Mike Haynes type). That's the Bears MO. I told people too that they should've either drafted Suggs or Leftwich(my preference) and they f'd that up. Just like they f'd up their chances for Culpepper. Why? Because the Bears front office has turned into a laughingstock in the league. If you're a mediocre to bad player, you'll probably get an extension from Angelo.

It was funny watching Ditka saying that the Bears need to cut their losses because Quasim Mitchell can't block the left side at all. And then he went on to saying, "If I were the coach, he wouldn't be on this team, that's for sure." He ripped him more, but I just remember those two parts in particular.