Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
What, right next to Konerko's and Buehrle's?  Didn't they hint at the very same thing?

Yep. Bulletin board material is generally a shot at your team and players, I'm sure the guys on our team could not care less that Howry took a shot at the fans.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
everyone just needs to open up iTunes, play their favorite pump up music and go.

Good idea. I'll be cranking up "Right Now " by Van Halen on the way to the park.

:bringit

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
This is a taylor made Freddy Garcia game.  For whatever reason he has trouble getting focused early against patsy teams, but comes in locked and loaded for big games.  I think we will see a vintage Freddy Garcia preformance.

Is vintage Freddy Garcia the good one or the 'meh' one?

Right now Clevelands bats are extremelely hot. The keys to tonights's game is for Freddy to AVOID that big first inning. Once that is done- we need to give him some run support. So a quick start off Millwood is HUGE. Freddy pitches much better once he has a 2-3 run lead. He is still effective when pitching on the defense, but when he has that lead- he can be dominant.

We NEED to take 2 of 3 from them. And winning the 1st game to this series is very pivital. Come on Freddy- we need you now more than ever before!! Time for that Cleveland flame to burn out!

This series is a good time for two of our so-called starts, Garcia and Pods, to step up their games. It's obvious what Garcia has to do. On the other hand, Pods is finally facing a team with a poor throwing catcher. Pods has got to get his confidence back on the bases!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
This series is a good time for two of our so-called starts, Garcia and Pods, to step up their games.  It's obvious what Garcia has to do.  On the other hand, Pods is finally facing a team with a poor throwing catcher.  Pods has got to get his confidence back on the bases!

a poor throwing catcher who's hitting .387 since the break. yikes.

I'm with you, he has to be a spark.

i think everyone in chicago is talking about this game tonight...that is all i have heard at work and when i was at lunch....you can feel the excitment and tension in the air.....the cell will be rockin' tonight......YOUVE BEEN THUNDER STRUCK

It looks like the A's and Yankees will be cheering us on this series as they are also focusing on a playoff spot.

Look at these tight races:

Central: White Sox 90-58

Indians 87-62 - 3.5 games back

East: Red Sox 87-62

Yankees 85-63 - 1.5 games back

West: Angels 84-65

Athletics 82-67 - 2 games back

Wildcard: Indians 87-62

Yankees 85-63 - 1.5 games back

Athletics 82-67 - 5 games back

Is there any surprise that millwood has pitched his best against the sox this year? Gotta love that 1.29 era in 21 innings while holding the sox to a .211 avg. He is 0-2 agains the sox this season in three starts... but surely not because of him.

Nine times!?!? How can you even bring yourself to the ballpark to see him pitch a tenth? Can you maybe arrive during the bottom of the 1st? There might be some cash in it for you if Freddy shuts em down in the top of that inning.

he has to win one of these times...doesnt he...right? :pray

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Is there any surprise that millwood has pitched his best against the sox this year?  Gotta love that 1.29 era in 21 innings while holding the sox to a .211 avg. He is 0-2 agains the sox this season in three starts... but surely not because of him.

If Millwood pitches like he did his first 2 starts against us- we don't have a chance tonite. There is no way we shut out the Indians tonite. I expect a 5-4, 4-3 type game. My nerves are starting to kick in now- a little over 3 hours away from the series of the year.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
If Millwood pitches like he did his first 2 starts against us- we don't have a chance tonite. There is no way we shut out the Indians tonite. I expect a 5-4, 4-3 type game. My nerves are starting to kick in now- a little over 3 hours away from the series of the year.

Fri. 15 at Cleveland W 7-1 59-29 Garcia (9-3) Sabathia (6-6)