Cleveland @ Chicago 7:05

letsgoarow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
I have a good feeling about tonight.

Could it be because Belliard is not in the lineup? I have a feeling we will win tonight and then proceed to lose the next 2. I am so sure that we will be tied with Cleveland by year end and then be faced with the extra decided game in Cleveland.

Hey BTW what happens if Boston & LA win their divisions. Oak is out of & the sox & indians are tied for first & the NYY have the same record as the sox & indians at the end of the year? Do we play the division tiebreaker & then the loser plays the NYY for the wild card? WTF? I can only expect this to happen this year....regardless this has been a very trippy emotional year that i for some reason cant wait to be over. Whatever happens I want JC on the mound and Arow to be the last guy up to either win it or lose it...!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
to say the least...!  we need Boston or NY to tank down the stretch.  problem is their respective schedules suck big donkey ying yangers!  the sox have the most difficult schedule remaining IMO!

Good thing we have a 5 game lead. We just need to go at least 6-8 to clinch a playoff spot IMO. That means NYY would have to go 11-3 just to tie us.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Good thing we have a 5 game lead. We just need to go at least 6-8 to clinch a playoff spot IMO. That means NYY would have to go 11-3 just to tie us.

at this point i don't really care if we win the division or not. i just want to get this team in the playoffs. maybe the matchups will favor us if we don't win it, who knows right? one thing for sure is that JC should be starting pitcher if we do get in!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
at this point i don't really care if we win the division or not.  i just want to get this team in the playoffs.  maybe the matchups will favor us if we don't win it, who knows right?  one thing for sure is that JC should be starting pitcher if we do get in!

Me 2. As much as i would not like to see Cleveland pass us for the division, I do think we have a better chance starting on the road in the playoffs.