Boston @ Chicago - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
This is a perfect time for Marte..........

Even a s***bird like that cant blow this lead.

another HR followed up by a walk. BTW I love Marte and will continue to say that JManuel screwed with his head. It will just take time for him to come around again. Hopefully it will be with us.

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Looking at the lineup, Gooch, Dye and Crede with no hits today, so we've got them to get going as well. Can't complain about the offense at all though.  :)

I haven't been commenting in the gamethread about each individual AB, but this is the best our offense has looked overall all season. A lot of hard hit outs, and besides Crede, everyone seemed right on every pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 4, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
He's a perimeter player.  No one ever thought he's being brought in to replace Curry.  Something that the team lacked last season was a frontcourt reserve who could score.  You put Thomas and Gordon on your bench, and you have a pretty solid scoring duo.  Also, Songaila will be a real solid bench player.  He's a pain in the ass when he's not on your team, but he's a great player when he's on your team.

He is one of the most overpaid players in the league and he is putrid all around. I have never seen someone back him. Great player? Lmfao. Good player is still LOL worthy. The key to this deal was sweetney and the draft picks. Tim thomas is just valuable because of his expiring contract.