Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 30, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
I don't know about that.  Something tells me he stays 2.  Don't be bitter now Cyclone.

Talking to the guy over in charge of the PhogBlog, I'm gonna be mighty surprised if he sticks around in a diluted draft class.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush is long gone unless he has a MAJOR slump or gets hurt. There is a reason he was so desperate to get into the draft last year and only went to Kansas as a LAST resort.

Oh, and Georgetown beating Pittsburgh at home is far from an upset if it happens IMO, I'd consider the Hoyas the favorite in that matchup.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
After he leads us to a national championship he can go...Maybe he  will take Kareem's advice, and not Jaron's.

He better stay 3 or 4 years if he wants any shot to do that....you guys have A TON of young talent, but have a long way to go before being that good.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
Tell that to Carmelo/Mcnamara.

yikes that makes me  :puke

I assume you have Rush playing the role of Carmelo in your senario despite the fact he's not nearly as good. However, who plays Warrick and who plays the white guy that makes 7 or 8 threes?

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 04:21 AM)
Kansas is looking damn good

i think we all expected they would look better once they got into league play. the big 12 is just down this year.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
Oklahoma State is the only team that is really down this year.

Iowa State, according to experts.

Texas Tech, because one would have expected Zeno and Jackson to be doing better.

Missouri and Oklahoma with HORRID starts

The league as a whole is down this year and I cannot understand anyone who would argue otherwise.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
colorado is a real surprise.

When has missouri been good the last 5 years??  Texas Tech is just known because of their aging coach.  Oklahoma just beat Texas.

The league started slow, and now are improving.

missouri was in the elite 8 in 2002.

oklahoma beating texas is not much evidence of anything.

League may be down, but Kansas is red hot.

Coach Self is really showing his true colors now. Best recruiter in nation has the best field goal percentage on defense, and has installed a running system, similiar to Roy Boy's.

Davon Jefferson and Darrel Arthur are there for the taking also.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)

Coach Self is really showing his true colors now.  Best recruiter in nation has the best field goal percentage on defense, and has installed a running system, similiar to Roy Boy's.

By attaching your hopes for NCAA greatness to players like Sasha Kaun right now, I wouldn't feel overly optimistic. You're get excited because Kansas is taking advantage of a weak conference right now. What about the team that lost to Kansas State and Missouri?

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)

Coach Self is really showing his true colors now.  Best recruiter in nation has the best field goal percentage on defense, and has installed a running system, similiar to Roy Boy's.

they are improved. a lot of that improvement is due to the fact they are playing league teams that are not that good.

still no wins over the rpi top 25. two over the top 50. meh.