Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Im excited to see if Oden is a Robert Traylor or an Emeka Okafor type.

Better than both of those guys, you will be surprised when you see him play. He is both athletic and tough, he can score and rebound.

Oden has a ways to go offensively with post moves, but he can get by on the college level with his athletecism and length. He's an amazing defender though, and nobody will be able to bring it in the lane against him. Conley is a pretty decent complimentary type PG, and has a very solid outside shot, and more importantly can run a team.

Duke loses alot this year, somewhat like what UNC lost. Duke will lose 71% of their scoring, 61% of their rebounding etc. But more importantly they lose their inside defensive presense and their most likely two time NPOY. BUT, Duke will still be in the top 25, McRoberts is going to be great, and Paulus is a nice floor leader, with guys like Nelson, Pocius, and incoming frosh Jon Scheyer and Gerald Henderson will provide impacts. I liken Henderson to a poor man's Grant Hill, amazingly athletic and a very good stroke inside the arc, but not a high basketball IQ like Hill has.

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about seeing UNC next year. Thats going to be the most talented UNC team in history. Will that translate to a championship? Who knows. But I do know UNC will have depth everywhere on the roster. Also bringing in 3 recruits ranked in the top 8 in the nation doesn't hurt. Bringing in two other very nice big men from Cali also will help. Here's most likely the roster/rotation right now.

PG. Lawson/Frasor/Thomas

SG. Ellington/Miller/Ginyard

SF. Green/Terry/Ginyard

PF. Wright/Thompson

C. Hansbrough/Stepheson

I really have to disagree. That UNC team had 4 NBA lottery picks. This UNC team will have Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, and Wright at the very least as 1st rounders, not even including guys like Danny Green, Marcus Ginyard, Deon Thompson, Bobby Frasor, and Alex Stepheson who have the potential for the NBA and will give great depth, along with seniors Wes Miller and Reyshawn Terry who are providing 21 ppg for this years squad.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
I really have to disagree. That UNC team had 4 NBA lottery picks. This UNC team will have Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, and Wright at the very least as 1st rounders, not even including guys like Danny Green, Marcus Ginyard, Deon Thompson, Bobby Frasor, and Alex Stepheson who have the potential for the NBA and will give great depth, along with seniors Wes Miller and Reyshawn Terry who are providing 21 ppg for this years squad.

Those were 4 first round picks playing at an extremely high level. I'm not saying down the road, the 2007 UNC roster won't have more pros. Either way, it's a great collection of talent that Roy has.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
West Virgina goes into Gtown and gets a nice W.  The pittsnogles outscored the Hoyas by 21 in the 2nd half.

I was really surprised by that. I know West Virginia beat them earlier in the year, but I though Georgetown would take them this time. They're the type of team that should handle West Virginia: they're big, physical, and play tough defense. Most of Georgetown's team just seemed to struggle. Green and Bowman were solid, but Hibbert and the guards didn't play very well.

So what does everyone think about the uconn-nova game tomorrow?? I absolutely love to watch nova play but this is one of those games where they really could use Mr. Sumpter. Uconn is just to big for nova to win this game without Curtis imo. I say Uconn takes it.

EDIT: I am really excited for this game tomorrow though. I'm missing my im bball game and missing something for school just to watch this one. Should be one hell of a fun game.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
So what does everyone think about the uconn-nova game tomorrow??  I absolutely love to watch nova play but this is one of those games where they really could use Mr. Sumpter.  Uconn is just to big for nova to win this game without Curtis imo.  I say Uconn takes it.

EDIT: I am really excited for this game tomorrow though.  I'm missing my im bball game and missing something for school just to watch this one.  Should be one hell of a fun game.

Unless Villanova shoots the lights out, I don't see them keeping up with the Huskies (and Nardi needs to play). They're going to have a really tough time slowing UConn down inside, and Gay is a tough matchup for them too. Another problem is that misses on the outside shots make it a little easier for UConn to get into fastbreak situations. I like Nova, especially if Sumpter somehow comes back at the end of the year, but UConn is probably just too much for them.