White Sox Collector's Edtion DVD Package

korntownballa

Will MLB release a White Sox Collector's Edition like that of Yankees and Red Sox?

I'm not talking about that 60 min World Series DVD($19.99) that is to be released later this month. But the one like they released for the Red Sox and Yankees.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IXRL...&n=130&v=glance

-The Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector's Edition (2005)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009PLM6...&s=dvd&v=glance

-The New York Yankees Fall Classic Collector's Edition 1996-2001 (2005)

Man I REALLY really hope so! But my gut tells me they won't because you don't see any other world series winner with the collectors editon. If they don't I'll be really pissed off! :angry:

QUOTE(korntownballa @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 06:31 AM)
Will MLB release a White Sox Collector's Edition like that of Yankees and Red Sox?

I'm not talking about that 60 min World Series DVD($19.99) that is to be released later this month. But the one like they released for the Red Sox and Yankees.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IXRL...&n=130&v=glance

-The Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector's Edition (2005)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009PLM6...&s=dvd&v=glance

-The New York Yankees Fall Classic Collector's Edition 1996-2001 (2005)

Man I REALLY really hope so! But my gut tells me they won't because you don't see any other world series winner with the collectors editon. If they don't I'll be really pissed off! :angry:

Supposedly, there is something in the works. No details as of yet.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
Supposedly, there is something in the works.  No details as of yet.

How do you know?

It is kinda sickening to see ONLY the red sox and yankees get special dvd's.

I don't see a Marlins, D'backs, Angels, Collectors Edtion anywhere. WTF? this is not fair! if they don't come out with a WHITE sox dvd, i'ma do something about it!

QUOTE(korntownballa @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 07:02 AM)
How do you know?

I don't see a Marlins, D'backs, Angels, Collectors Edtion anywhere. WTF? this is not fair! if they don't come out with a WHITE sox dvd, i'ma do something about it!

It's been mentioned around here. If I recall, Brooks Boyer was specifically asked about this via email and confirmed it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
It's been mentioned around here.  If I recall, Brooks Boyer was specifically asked about this via email and confirmed it.

I e-mailed Brooks Boyer...he said they are working on something and that it would be announced in the not too distant future...whenever that will be.

QUOTE(korntownballa @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)

Yup... all the Marlins got was the standard 1-hour MLB WS dvd -- and even that was chock-full of Yankee/Clemens adulation footage.

That said, the White Sox have a lot more history and mystique than the Fish, plus that whole "curse" angle to play with; so you never know.

Edited by Beetle

QUOTE(Beetle @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Yup... all the Marlins got was the standard 1-hour MLB WS dvd -- and even that was chock-full of Yankee/Clemens adulation footage.

That said, the White Sox have a lot more history and mystique than the Fish, plus that whole "curse" angle to play with; so you never know.

Hu...? :huh

QUOTE(Beetle @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)

Big difference between the Marlins and Sox. Our fan base is larger and much more into baseball than Miami. I'm sure you are a die-hard, but overall, that team does not seem to have a large die-hard following.

We will certainly have an extended DVD collection of some sort. This whole season needs to be DVD'd and it will be.

And we were not cursed...those are Cub words.

QUOTE(Beetle @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
Yes, as a self-respecting baseball fan, I am aware the whole "Black Sox curse" angle was a media concoction (hence the word angle). But you do have to admit, they milked it for all its worth; especially FOX, with their elaborate montage.

That might be their angle.. but not the angle of any self-respecting White Sox fan.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
That might be their angle.. but not the angle of any self-respecting White Sox fan.

Exactly, enough with the bulls*** curse stuff.

Sox fans NEVER made excuses for losing, like the Red Sawx and Cubbies.

We took it like men and women and just kept supporting our team, unlike other teams who bring goats to the park and stupid ass Babe Ruth artifacts.

Joe Buck and Chris Berman can both kiss my ass because they know nothing about our team so they have to resort to a stupid curse to have something to talk about on the air.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 10, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)

Right. You (obviously) and I know enough about the White Sox to recognize that, and even find it ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that media folks will pander to the avarage joe, who usually doesn't know better, by using and re-using gimmicks that have proven to be popular in the past (e.g. Boston's Bambino Curse). So if, say, the Seattle Mariners reached the WS, they would have gone and rambled on about the Upside-Down Trident curse, etc.

But, anyway, my point was I believe the White Sox have a better chance of getting extra Championship goodies than the Marlins did (for the reasons mentioned in my first reply); and I really hope you do, because even I (as a Fish fan) felt short-changed in' 03.

First, the Yankees and Red Sox special DVD's were released within the last year, so this is something new which might explain why the Marlins didn't receive one.

Second, almost everyone has a DVD player now so there is a bigger demand for nitche DVD's, like the first season of Hogan's Hero's.

Personally, I would be surprised if the White Sox received a special DVD box set with all 5 games against the Angels and all 4 against the Astros, but if it came out, I would buy one.

Really, there are only two ballclubs that have a comprehensive Nationwide fan base, and those are the Yankees and the Cubs.

The Cubs are owned by the Tribune Company and have been on WGN forever, so they have decent Nationwide coverage, and yes, they owe a lot of their continued box-office draw to their park.

The Yankees have fans the same reason Notre Dame does--over the long haul, they have had a tradition of winning. They're in the media capital of the world, so they benefit from that exposure. The Red Sox ride on the coattails of their media exposure because of their intertwined history and storied rivalry. As such, the media force-feeds the rest of us this Yankee-Red Sox lovefest. Maybe they're planning to make foie gras out of my liver.

What I really found funny was during the postseason reporters co-opted the term "White Sox Nation." It'd be great if there was a White Sox nation, but I think we're more of a city-state. Not that I care, because this has been my team my whole life.

They weren't even trying on dead-air filler, though. They just took all of the Red Sox chatter and substituted the word 'White' for 'Red' on the teleprompters. There was the 'White Sox Nation', the 'Curse of the Black Sox', and a whole bunch of other cockamamy s*** coined by lazy-ass producers.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I recorded all world series games on DVd with post game from Comcast and for the final game post game included post game from Fox, Comcast, ESPN , ESPN news and the parade. Most all commercials are edited though becuase of that I missed an at bat here and there.

Are you making a sales pitch?