New news on Dye and Pods

AnthraxFan93

So those 2 are having Hernia surgery, but Crede and Hermanson aren't?

Pods had his in November and Dye in Decemember, both should be back for ST.

I see what you are saying Crede and Hermy should have went under the knife to try and fix the issue so that it won' be one in 06.. I would take them being out 2 months being fully healhy for May/June -Oct!

Anyone that has had a hernia can attest to its discomfort and annoyance when it comes to physical activities. I think this is a pretty good indication that Podsednik's ineffectiveness on the base paths down the stretch was a result of physical discomfort, not a mental lapse.

Now that he's had the surgery, I expect him to be stealing bases at his regular rate once again. That's always a positive.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
So those 2 are having Hernia surgery, but Crede and Hermanson aren't?

Crede and Hermanson don't have hernias. They have bulging or herniated discs, which while using a similar term, are not the same thing.

Back surgeries are really iffy, and high risk. I doubt either of them wanted to mess with it.

Anyone that has had a hernia can attest to its discomfort and annoyance when it comes to physical activities.  I think this is a pretty good indication that Podsednik's ineffectiveness on the base paths down the stretch was a result of physical discomfort, not a mental lapse.

Now that he's had the surgery, I expect him to be stealing bases at his regular rate once again.  That's always a positive.

Yep. But how did the Sox not know that Podsednik had a hernia? His whole game is speed. Crazy. All of those times he kept running himself into outs. Ouch. Oh well, at least we now know that he's much more likely to go 44 SB and 9 CS than 15 SB and 14 CS.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
Anyone that has had a hernia can attest to its discomfort and annoyance when it comes to physical activities.  I think this is a pretty good indication that Podsednik's ineffectiveness on the base paths down the stretch was a result of physical discomfort, not a mental lapse.

Now that he's had the surgery, I expect him to be stealing bases at his regular rate once again.  That's always a positive.

Again, PODS said that he had some mechanical flaws in his step at the end of the season. Whereas he was wasting one step towards second every jump he got.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Crede and Hermanson don't have hernias.  They have bulging or herniated discs, which while using a similar term, are not the same thing.

Back surgeries are really iffy, and high risk.  I doubt either of them wanted to mess with it.

Yep, take it from a guy with a herniated disc in his back. If you can live and deal with the pain, you will. Surgery is no guarantee.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Crede and Hermanson don't have hernias.  They have bulging or herniated discs, which while using a similar term, are not the same thing.

Back surgeries are really iffy, and high risk.  I doubt either of them wanted to mess with it.

Exactly. "Hernia" and "herniated" are rather general terms. They merely mean that a body part is poking out where it shouldn't be.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

Anderson had a wrist injury in college I believe, which was aggravayed a couple yeasr back when he played at Rookie leevel Great Falls, MT. He underwent some surgery I believe for that old injury. Must be healed now. I think removing the plate is the last thing they do when recovery has been attained.

My hernia was more annoying than anything. I could do everything I normaly could, but always had to work aournd the lump in my abdomen. Weather it be lifting or push/pulling, it just made the task more difficult and cumbersome.

I really couldnt imagine having to run a lot, not to mention very fast, with it.

Hopefully with this cleared up, Pods will be much improved.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
That's enough!

:lolhitting

My dad got a double hernia last summer when we were water skiing in Lake Geneva. He had this new procedure where their is no anestesia or incision, its really quick and painles. It involved placing a small fiberoptic tube that inflates or something and fixes the tear in the hernia, only a small pinhole is made in the skin, and its made in the abdomen not groin. It only took like 2 or 3 days to recover fully from anyway. Of course there was some physical therapy afterward but he was back to playing golf and softball with me in about a month.