Link of the Day

mreye

not sure if it made that list but i remember Homer driving in his car singing this tune....

(To the Theme of the Fintstones)....

"Simpson...Homer simpson....he's the greatest guy in history

"From the....town of Srpingfield....he's about to hit that chesnut tree!!!!"

then he ran into the tree with a scream.

One of my all-time favorite Simpon's moment!!!!!

:bang :bang

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
I remember when the simpsons was the best show on television, now I don't know one single person that watches the new episodes.

Really a shame.

Apparently 6.4 million people watch the Simpsons. More than Two and a Half Men.

Expanded Nielsen ratings, Jan. 2 - 8

Top broadcast shows among 18-49 demographic

Rank Show title Network Viewers in millions

1. Rose Bowl: Southern California vs. Texas ABC 16.6

2. Desperate Housewives ABC 13.2

3. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation CBS 12.0

4. NFL Playoffs: Jacksonville at New England ABC 11.2

5. ABC: NFL Postgame ABC 10.6

5. AFC/NFC Showcase ABC 10.6

7. Rose Bowl Preshow ABC 9.9

8. Grey's Anatomy ABC 9.3

9. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ABC 9.0

10. Without a Trace CBS 8.8

11. Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State ABC 8.6

12. Orange Bowl: Penn State vs. Florida State ABC 8.1

12. ER NBC 8.1

14. Law & Order: SVU NBC 7.1

15. My Name Is Earl NBC 6.8

16. The Simpsons Fox 6.4

17. Dancing With the Stars ABC 6.2

17. Sugar Bowl: Geogria vs. West Virginia ABC 6.2

19. 60 Minutes CBS 6.1

19. Two and a Half Men CBS 6.1

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
It's our scheduled Sunday night viewing...EVERY Sunday night.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Same here, although I'll readily admit I usually laugh a lot more at Family Guy.  (You shot me in both knees and set me on fire.)

You are both part of the problem, if people just stopped watching that pathetic show it would go away. Instead we have to indure another 20 seasons of that s***.

It's sad because the last half way decent Simpsons episode aired almost 7 years ago in 1999. How pathetic is that?

I read, sometime ago, that the writers will stop making new episodes till the motion picture came out, which should be in a couple of years. Probably 3yrs. at the most.

And I do agree that its been a while since the last decent Simpsons episode. The last episode that I remember liking in this decade is the one with the Rolling Stones. Everything else is garbage.

What frustrates me even more is that the local Fox affiliate seems to keep trying to cram the same lesser new episodes down our throats with the reruns every week. They show the episodes from the last couple seasons considerably more than the really good ones between about seasons 4 and 10, or before that too. All of my favorite episodes that I can think of fall in the season 8-9 range (Homer joins NRA, Homer joins Naval Reserve, and Homer becomes the Beer Baron). The only one from the last few years that I thought was still pretty good was the episode where they go to Brazil, and the "Behind the Laughter" episode was pretty good. Other than that there are only one or two good lines/scenes per episode, tops.

It really bothers me, because it was such a good show in its prime. Family Guy is pretty good, but it's not the same. The references are usually a bit more obscure, meaning that a higher percentage of the jokes go over the viewer's head. Also, some of the scenes go a lot longer than is really effective, especially the musical numbers (This week's endzone dance is a prime example. You probably could have shaved 30 seconds to a minute off of that without losing anything). There is definitely some good material, but like 5 minutes of every episode get wasted because of those two gripes of mine. At least that's my opinion of it.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Also, some of the scenes go a lot longer than is really effective, especially the musical numbers (This week's endzone dance is a prime example. You probably could have shaved 30 seconds to a minute off of that without losing anything). There is definitely some good material, but like 5 minutes of every episode get wasted because of those two gripes of mine. At least that's my opinion of it.

I agree. They fail to end a joke on a high note so many times because of that. That's my biggest knock on Family Guy.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I agree.  They fail to end a joke on a high note so many times because of that. That's my biggest knock on Family Guy.

But other than that, Family Guy is good. It might be cruel and repulsive most of the time, but that’s what makes the show what it is. Some good laughs here and there. You get many more laughs out of Family Guy than the Simpsons.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
not sure if it made that list but i remember Homer driving in his car singing this tune....

(To the Theme of the Fintstones)....

"Simpson...Homer simpson....he's the greatest guy in history

"From the....town of Srpingfield....he's about to hit that chesnut tree!!!!"

then he ran into the tree with a scream. 

One of my all-time favorite Simpon's moment!!!!!

:bang  :bang

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
What frustrates me even more is that the local Fox affiliate seems to keep trying to cram the same lesser new episodes down our throats with the reruns every week. They show the episodes from the last couple seasons considerably more than the really good ones between about seasons 4 and 10, or before that too. All of my favorite episodes that I can think of fall in the season 8-9 range (Homer joins NRA, Homer joins Naval Reserve, and Homer becomes the Beer Baron). The only one from the last few years that I thought was still pretty good was the episode where they go to Brazil, and the "Behind the Laughter" episode was pretty good. Other than that there are only one or two good lines/scenes per episode, tops.

It really bothers me, because it was such a good show in its prime. Family Guy is pretty good, but it's not the same. The references are usually a bit more obscure, meaning that a higher percentage of the jokes go over the viewer's head. Also, some of the scenes go a lot longer than is really effective, especially the musical numbers (This week's endzone dance is a prime example. You probably could have shaved 30 seconds to a minute off of that without losing anything). There is definitely some good material, but like 5 minutes of every episode get wasted because of those two gripes of mine. At least that's my opinion of it.

I agree 110%. We have the exact same mind set on this. It sickens me whenever I turn on Fox at 5, 6 or 10 and see an episode from 2005. Would it be so hard to show a few episodes from season 8 or 9? Hank Scorpio is one of the greatest characters in the history of television and probably the greatest animated super villian to ever exist yet so many people don't remember who he is because the damn reruns they show on Fox all have Alec Baldwin as a guest star.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
I agree 110%. We have the exact same mind set on this. It sickens me whenever I turn on Fox at 5, 6 or 10 and see an episode from 2005. Would it be so hard to show a few episodes from season 8 or 9? Hank Scorpio is one of the greatest characters in the history of television and probably the greatest animated super villian to ever exist yet so many people don't remember who he is because the damn reruns they show on Fox all have Alec Baldwin as a guest star.

Sorry it's not in packets.