Fav. Classic Rock Song

Yoda

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
quit whining ! GOD, when we asked Yoda what was "classic rock" he said ANY song from like 60-80, so don't blame us for putting any of our fav. songs up there.

Actually, when I responded to that question I gave my opinion of what “classic” rock is. Just my opinion. For all I cared, someone could have just submitted “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses.

As for the Dylan reference, what would be wrong if “Like A Rolling Stone” did win? The song is terrific and is one of Dylan’s best work.

I have to say, before the 1st round started, I foresaw Dylan, Hendrix, and a Beatle song to go deep in the tournament and they have. “Baba O’Riley” by The Who is good, but I would prefer “Won’t Get Fooled Again.” Anyone else feel the same way?

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
If Dylan wins a classic rock contest, someone's windmill is burning.

You still don't know what classic rock is. Will you please quit b****ing and become educated on what music really is?

(I don't even think Like A Rolling Stone is Dylan's best work in the first place, but it is certainly a classic rock song. Is it impossible for a folk artist to make a classic rock song? Seems plenty odd that you'd think this impossible considering he's made more than folk, classic rock and country music. Why don't you pick up a damned Bob Dylan album already and figure out what the man has done. Most of the terrible songs that were originally nominated would have never surfaced if not for Bob Dylan and or The Beatles anyway. Furthermore, Bob Dylan isn't a folk artist...he's FOLK-ROCK.)

Edited by BobDylan

Time is up. I have counted the number of votes that each song has received and the two songs that will go head to head for the crown of Soxtalk’s favorite “classic” rock song is closer than ever! The numbers in bold by each song is the total votes that the song received.

Section 1.

13 Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan vs. 8 Baba O' Reilley - The Who

Section 2.

9 All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix vs. 2 Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones vs. 10 A Day In The Life - The Beatles