Fox 32 News this morning

The Critic

At approximately 6:20 am today, Fox32 News had a small piece on the White Sox "regaining popularity in the city". They basically mentioned how the Sox organization and USCF are fan-friendly, the neighborhood is not scary, and the Sox players and manager are popular and nice guys, while the Cubs have fought with rooftop owners, added seats "to the disadvantage of rooftop owners", scalped their own tickets, raised ticket prices "considerably" and have recently had some players who "came off as jerks".

Needless to say, I was more than a little surprised at the tone of this piece!

NICE WORK, FOX32!!!!

The piece was right on the money, I almost missed my train. They did not sugar coat the love for the cubs but they did kind of show that there is much more going for the Sox and much more excitement stirring at US Cellular. It is still a cubs town but.......

I think the biggest difference is that cub fans wear their pride on their sleeve. Sox fans simply enjoy their team and are not rah rah up your ass with it.

We are going to get the reverse attendance articles and features this year. With everyone talking about how they have now discovered the Sox and the Cell.

My wife and I are going to miss going to as many games this year because we couldn't commit this early financially and so many games will be sold out.

I love my Sox.

Last night when they showed the guys on CSN hitting the golf balls at those windows, she said, "ahh there's my boys."

Great to be the Kings of baseball this year.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Nobody fires Bruce Wolf, thats bulls***....BRING BACK BRUCE

He blows. I remember when he made Tamryn cry on the air. He was being a complete jag-off and kept making fun of her outfit one morning. He wouldn't let it go and she cried on air. Was a very awkward moment. Like when you're having dinner and your dad hits your mom in front of you. Everyone just gets quite and tries to go on with dinner.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
He blows.  I remember when he made Tamryn cry on the air.  He was being a complete jag-off and kept making fun of her outfit one morning.  He wouldn't let it go and she cried on air.  Was a very awkward moment.  Like when you're having dinner and your dad hits your mom in front of you.  Everyone just gets quite and tries to go on with dinner.

He is a jerk. I find it funny that all the Bruce supporters forget how he would jab the Sox any chance he could. He latest one was the remark about the Dan Ryan, and how it didnt matter about the constuction,because no one will be going to the cell as always. See ya Bruce! Ya Jerk! :fight