Brian Anderson is one wacky dude

SSH2005

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...rtswhitesox-hed

Life's a ball with 2 homes and 2 moms

By Nina Metz

Special to the Tribune

Published February 26, 2006

Last year, Brian Anderson lived out of a suitcase "because I was up and down, all over the place." This year the White Sox outfielder's living arrangements should be more stable. "I got a friend ... from college, and, you know, instead of going out and getting a place here and spending a ton of money, I think I'm gonna stay with her mother, who owns a condo in Lincoln Park."

Anderson, who turns 24 next month, stands to be the new face in centerfield, taking over for the traded Aaron Rowand. That's a lot of pressure, and maybe that's why he's looking for a second mom. "It's a big year for me and I need to focus, and I doubt I need to be on my own in the heart of downtown Chicago," he says. "It's gonna be awesome because her mom is just like my mom -- very hospitable and she cooks and she's always asking me how things are. It'll be nice to have her around." All together now: Awwww.

Mom No.1 is back in Tucson, Ariz. "I'm a mama's boy, and I bought a house out there, and my mom [Leslie] and my sister [15-year-old Brooke] live there. I stay there in the off-season. ... I'm a simple guy, but my mom has decked it out. My sister's got, like, a flat-screen in her room and so does my mom. And then you go to my room and it's two couches and, like, an old 1985 TV."

1. One thing on your nightstand: I don't have a bed. I sleep on some old couch. I swear to God. My mom hates me.

2. One thing on a wall in your living room: A painting my sister did when she was a little kid, but everyone thinks it's like some Monet, it's so funny. She drew a couple sunflowers when she was in 3rd grade, and everyone thinks it's like a masterpiece, and it's like, "Brooke did this when she was 7."

3. Three condiments we would find in your refrigerator: Well, my sister's going through this vegetarian thing right now -- it's really got me fired up -- so we've got stupid stuff like, oh, I don't even know, like soy and all these vegetables and stuff. There's no meat in there, it makes me so mad.

4. Do your dirty dishes go in the sink or dishwasher? Oh, I don't do dishes, that's for women. I don't deal with any of that nonsense.

5. Most high-tech gadget or appliance in your home: It's gotta be our fridge. It's LG and I can't even figure out how to get water out of it. It's all digital and it ticks me off. You've gotta type in a code before it shoots out this purified water.

6. Maker of your everyday dinnerware: Uh, yeah, it's called the Wal-Mart special.

7. Maker of your fine china: Oh, we don't deal with that nonsense.

8. If you had to save one thing from your home, what would it be? The TVs. We've got $100,000 worth of TVs in the house. I can't believe my mom hasn't chipped in for one.

9. Most embarrassing thing in your home that you hide when guests come over: Well, I'm sanitary, I'm pretty good about that. I just try to make sure I brush my teeth so I don't have dragon breath.

10. The one thing your house needs right now -- the next big purchase: I just bought a Range Rover for my mom for Christmas, so I'm not making any more purchases -- she's spoiled and she knows it.

:lolhitting

Edited by SSH2005

How long until this thread follows the path of SSI's, and people take light hearted comments and turn it into, "That's so degrading, AFTER ALL WOMEN HAVE FOUGHT FOR!"

The man simply knows when he returns from an evening of hardwork, he expects food prepared on the table, dammit!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
How long until this thread follows the path of SSI's, and people take light hearted comments and turn it into, "That's so degrading, AFTER ALL WOMEN HAVE FOUGHT FOR!"

The man simply knows when he returns from an evening of hardwork, he expects food prepared on the table, dammit!

:lolhitting

I think it's an ignorant statement by BA and I certainly think less of him now, however, on a scale of 100 on "things that hurt women" I'd say that statement ranks about a 2. I'll save my bile for wife beaters, child abusers, and rapists.

To conclude: ignorant thing to say, but not that hurtful, so I don't really care.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
I think it's an ignorant statement by BA and I certainly think less of him now, however, on a scale of 100 on "things that hurt women" I'd say that statement ranks about a 2.  I'll save my bile for wife beaters, child abusers, and rapists.

To conclude: ignorant thing to say, but not that hurtful, so I don't really care.

Ay jeez, he was probably just joking around.

Ay jeez, he was probably just joking around.

Alright, lets make a fair analogy. If BA had said, "no, I don't garden, thats black folk work"--would you be so quick to write it off as "joking around"? I don't believe so. Why the double standard? Why is it OK to stereotype one historically opressed group but not the other?

Like I said, I don't think it's that harmful to women that he said that, however I don't believe it's appropriate to "joke around" when issues of sexism, racism, etc or involved.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Alright, lets make a fair analogy.  If BA had said, "no, I don't garden, thats black folk work"--would you be so quick to write it off as "joking around"?  I don't believe so.  Why the double standard?  Why is it OK to stereotype one historically opressed group but not the other?

Like I said, I don't think it's that harmful to women that he said that, however I don't believe it's appropriate to "joke around" when issues of sexism, racism, etc or involved.

lol, I'm just going to let this go cause I don't want to send another thread down the s***ter. Hopefully my gf has my sandwich ready by now. :)

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Alright, lets make a fair analogy.  If BA had said, "no, I don't garden, thats black folk work"--would you be so quick to write it off as "joking around"?  I don't believe so.  Why the double standard?  Why is it OK to stereotype one historically opressed group but not the other?

Oh lay off the soap box for a second.

And get in the kitchen and make me some bacon woman!!!!!

Edited by RockRaines