PS3 delayed until November

Balta1701

Linky

Sony Corp. said today it will postpone release of its hotly anticipated new PlayStation 3 game console until November.

The consumer electronics giant offered no explanation for the six-month delay in its launch, but said it would launch the game system simultaneously in Japan, North America and Europe.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Of course it has nothing to do with the christmas shopping happening around that time either...

LOL, no kidding!

Any word yet on what Sony plans on charging us? I've heard as high as $900, but methinks that it would be closer to the X-Box 360's price.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Hmmm, maybe they are just trying to time it so they can release a week before Nintendo, kind of like what they did when X-box and PS2 came out within a week of each other.

PS 2 launched a year before Xbox did but I get what your saying.

read this on Foxnews.com

Sony will put off the release of its much awaited PlayStation 3 console until November from its planned spring debut because more work is needed on its next-generation DVD technology, the company said Wednesday.
Edited by Scwible

QUOTE(Scwible @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
PS 2 launched a year before Xbox did but I get what your saying.

It was either Gamecube and X-box or Gamecube and PS2 that launched really close to each other, and I think PS2 moved their date up a week to get the christmas jump.

I got a 360 right after newyears. It is solid, but not a noticeable difference over ps2 or xbox. i have to wait to august to get my HDTV, that is where the real beauty is. And the only game i really play is Madden and 06 for 360 and it is very bare bones this year, 07 is what i am really waiting for.

I was one of the lucky few to actually get my pre-ordered 360. Somehow I managed to squeeze into the first shipment. I do agree with SoxPhan7 though, with the launch titles there wasn't much of a difference, at least in SD. FNR3 and GRAW look incredible in HD. Of course when it came to getting HD, I just took the cheap route. I picked up the VGA cable for $40 and now have my 360 hooked up to my 24" monitor.

As far as the PS3 goes I'm hoping Sony will manage to release it in November without the insane shortage the 360 had. Unlikely, but I can dream. :D

Edited by SmokeandMirrors

I got a 360 day of launch, was home from college for thanksgiving and had nothing else to do that day so sat in line at Sams club and got one. Like the others said , the launch titles weren't super great, no killer app but they were decent, except for Madden which was too bare bones. I played the FNR3 demo off of Xbox live and that was frigin sweet. Hooking the system up to an HDTV makes it look sooooo awesome but even on a normal crappy tv it still looks good.