Soxtalk and YASNY featured in Sports Illustrated

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
When was the site in ESPN The Magazine?

And guys, Any Press is Good Press.

I thought someone mentioned 2003 for ESPN Mag.

The only problem with more random visitors is more trolls, but the Mods should take care of them.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
I thought someone mentioned 2003 for ESPN Mag.

The only problem with more random visitors is more trolls, but the Mods should take care of them.

Even worse are the dumb ass posters that sign up and are allowed to stick around.

^^^ Those>>> trolls.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
Even worse are the dumb ass posters that sign up and are allowed to stick around.

^^^ Those>>> trolls.

You mean the kind of person who posts nothing of substance but just enjoys seeing their screename every other post in every damn thread? Just check my ignore list it reads as a laundry list of people who enjoy posting nonsense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:13 AM)
You mean the kind of person who posts nothing of substance but just enjoys seeing their screename every other post in every damn thread? Just check my ignore list it reads as a laundry list of people who enjoy posting nonsense.

How do you check someone elses ignore list?

Okay, so someone help me out here. What was it about my post that made it quote worthy? I mean, I tell a guy that sometimes things are or are not true on a message board and I get qouted in SI? I don't get it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
No, I totally understand. Trust me.. I've been in his shoes.  :rolly

Yes you have. In fact, that was what I had in mind when I made this now famous nationally published quote. I didn't want people crucifying someone that posted a rumor that failed to pan out.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
Okay, so someone help me out here.  What was it about my post that made it quote worthy?  I mean, I tell a guy that sometimes things are or are not true on a message board and I get qouted in SI?  I don't get it.

I think that's what the whole article is implying. Rumors that start out on places like here aren't always true and should be taken with a grain of salt. Your quote just summed everything up nice and neat.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 08:29 AM)
Okay, so someone help me out here.  What was it about my post that made it quote worthy?  I mean, I tell a guy that sometimes things are or are not true on a message board and I get qouted in SI?  I don't get it.

You really want to know why they did that? PM me and I can explain it to you.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
whatever, i just think its cool we are getting mentioned in SI

Not just mentioned either, for those who have not seen it yet, this isn't just a mention within an article. We have a separate section to ourselves that takes up about half the page, with our url boldly emblazened on top of the story. It is even highlighted a different color so it really stands out. You can't miss it. Its more than I imagined it would be :)

Awesome :usa

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
I guess I still dont understand the "guests" that sometimes outnumber the actual members posting on the site.  Grow some balls and register.  It doesnt cost anything.

To be honest, that is normal. Usually the guests and members are about even. when something happens, the guests totals pop up for a while.