2006 FutureSox Top 25: 5-1

Chisoxfn

2006 FutureSox Top 25: 5-1

By FutureSox.com

The White Sox traded numerous top 25 prospects over the off-season. This puts added pressure on the recent Sox draft and you'll see many of the 05 draft included in the 06 list. With the strenght of the organization at the lower levels, the keys to the Sox minor league system will be in terms of developing the guys in A Ball and getting them up to Bham as soon as possible because the team is very thin on prospects that could help the major league club in the near future. Today, we will release 5-1.

Following the full release we would like to hear your thoughts and answer your questions, so please send those to us at contact@futuresox.com. We will than answer the readers questions in an interactive podcast. Click Here For the Entire Story

From the small amount of footage I've seen of Broadway pitching, I thought he had a 4 seamer that sits in the low 90s, and a sharp breaking 2 seamer that sits in the high 80s, and obviously the spike curve. I didn't see any mention of his 2 seamer in the article.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
From the small amount of footage I've seen of Broadway pitching, I thought he had a 4 seamer that sits in the low 90s, and a sharp breaking 2 seamer that sits in the high 80s, and obviously the spike curve. I didn't see any mention of his 2 seamer in the article.

He'll ocassionally throw a 2 seamer, but its a pitch that he's been tinkering with and isn't part of his typical arsenal at this point. The vasty majority of the time he goes with his 4 seamer, but when Mike Doyle (one of our writers at FS) interviewed him just after he was drafted one of the things that came up was how he planned on working on developing another FB so he could better move the ball both in and out.

I like this list better than the last one, still great job as always. Also it seems all of our pitchers are in the same mold good control low 90's fastball. I hope they get some guys that can throw the heat in upper 90's this draft. We seem particularly good at fixing a pitchers control so if we can find one that has the stuff but lacks good control i wouldnt mind that.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
Is Liotta really THAT good or is our farm system just kinda weak?

I'd say its a little bit of both. KW really killed any depth that we had in our farm this offseason, but Liotta is a pretty good prospect from everything I've heard.

Does this futuresox crap really belong in Palehose talk? Futuresox has their own site, leave it there... ;)

All jokes aside, great article. The way this website is expanding and progressing is nothing short of astonishing, and i am glad to be able to be a small part of it.

Man, looking at that list doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in the farm system right now. Liotta the number 2 in the whole system--eh, meh, eh, meh.

Things would look a heckuva lot better with Chris Young at number 1. But, good job with the article guys--even if you didn't have alot to work with!

Well, as of right now, Broadway and Fields have both been freakin dynamite so far.

Broadway=> 2-0, 2.00, 18 IP, 13 H, 3 BB, 18 K

Fields=>.319/.353/.489 2 HR, 8 RBI, 3 SB in 27 AB.

Still, 3 BB, 16 K.

Looks like their walk and strikeout numbers might be close this year. :P

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
Great job.  I do have one suggestion, perhaps in the rankings where the Player's age and Position is listed, also list the year and round they were drafted.

Yeah, that's a good idea and I think we've done that before. We got lazy with the formatting because we didn't want the article to come out 2 or 3 weeks later like we've done before.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
Well, as of right now, Broadway and Fields have both been freakin dynamite so far.

Broadway=> 2-0, 2.00, 18 IP, 13 H, 3 BB, 18 K

Fields=>.319/.353/.489 2 HR, 8 RBI, 3 SB in 27 AB.

Still, 3 BB, 16 K.

Looks like their walk and strikeout numbers might be close this year. :P

Plus you have Lummy pitching great at Bham and Liotta should be just fine. We also have had the early emergence of Orlando (for Kanny) who is very quick and pretty talented.

This is his first year in the states with the organization (in fact he was just signed during this off-season, IIRC).

So far Josh Fields is the top hitter down in Charlotte, but I believe he has 4 errors already. If Joe Crede asks for the moon and KW doesn't sign him, I wouldn't be too upset seeing Fields at 3rd next year.

I just wish Ryan Sweeney would start hitting. He does have 3 hits tonight :headbang

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
So far Josh Fields is the top hitter down in Charlotte, but I believe he has 4 errors already.  If Joe Crede asks for the moon and KW doesn't sign him, I wouldn't be too upset seeing Fields at 3rd next year.

I just wish Ryan Sweeney would start hitting.  He does have 3 hits tonight  :headbang

Right now i'd be very scared at Fields at 3rd. He just can't field. I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually went the route of Carlos Lee and moved to LF (or RF for that matter). However I am sure the Sox will give him plenty more time to see if he can get things settled at first.

He's a good athlete, but he has a lot of trouble getting himself in an improper fielding position.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Right now i'd be very scared at Fields at 3rd.  He just can't field.  I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually went the route of Carlos Lee and moved to LF (or RF for that matter).  However I am sure the Sox will give him plenty more time to see if he can get things settled at first.

He's a good athlete, but he has a lot of trouble getting himself in an improper fielding position.

You SOB. I suggested that very idea in the past week. It's mine, dammit. :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 05:30 AM)
Right now i'd be very scared at Fields at 3rd.  He just can't field.  I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually went the route of Carlos Lee and moved to LF (or RF for that matter).  However I am sure the Sox will give him plenty more time to see if he can get things settled at first.

Idonno from the sounds of it while still not good he has become much better than he was before at 3B. Does he have the speed to play in the OF?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)

I'd only move him if the following happens:

1) Sox sign Crede to a 3-year deal or longer

2) The Sox draft Wes Hodges this year.

Otherwise, I'd keep him at 3rd.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
I'd only move him if the following happens:

1) Sox sign Crede to a 3-year deal or longer

2) The Sox draft Wes Hodges this year.

Otherwise, I'd keep him at 3rd.

If Crede shows he's heatlhy I think we'll see him resigned. Fields is a pretty damn good hitter though so he's going to have value even if he can't play 3rd and he's a good enough athlete to move to the OF.

I do agree on holding off on the move though. However, if Joe Crede went down, I'd be scared s***less at the idea of Fields coming up and being our everyday 3rd baseman. Not because of his bat, but becasue I think we'd see him make 3 errors a week and a team built on pitching can not suffer on defense.

Crede is the best, if not one of the best in the league when it comes to defending 3rd and he's one of the better offensive 3rd baseman. He's became much more focused at the plate and that will give him a slight increase in avg this year.

If Crede can ever turn into a .270-.280 hitter (something I believe he's capable of) he will become a perennial all star because of his power and defense to go with a solid average.