iPod Question

farmteam

The computer I had iTunes on crashed, and with it went all my iTunes and music files. Obviously, the songs are still on my actual iPod, but if I were to plug it into the computer they would all be erased. Is there a way to get the songs from iPod and put them back on iTunes?

QUOTE(farmteam @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
The computer I had iTunes on crashed, and with it went all my iTunes and music files.  Obviously, the songs are still on my actual iPod, but if I were to plug it into the computer they would all be erased.  Is there a way to get the songs from iPod and put them back on iTunes?

Download the Ipod Agent. You can safely transfer your songs without losing them that way

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
New question:

My ipod only plays out of one earpiece now. I've checked it out and tried different head phones and different ones also don't play on the same side.

Any solutions?

dddduuuuuuuur sorry. Simple re-set fixed it.

I have a few Nono questions related to charging.

I only have the cable that allows me to charge it through my lap top. Why the Eff does it take so long to charge? Is it faster with an AC charger?

Also, if I'm not actually working on my laptop, it of course goes into 'sleep' mode and then apparently stops charging the Nano. I hooked it up one night, went to bed, the laptop went into 'sleep' mode, got up the next day, checked it and it had very little juice in it.

Why does it de-charge even if I don't play it? I fully jucied it and took it with me on a weekend trip but never played it. When I got back home on Monday, it was totally dead. How is that possible?

How long should it play when fully juiced? I think I'm lucky to get two hours.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)

I only have the cable that allows me to charge it through my lap top.  Why the Eff does it take so long to charge?  Is it faster with an AC charger?

Also, if I'm not actually working on my laptop, it of course goes into 'sleep' mode and then apparently stops charging the Nano.  I hooked it up one night, went to bed, the laptop went into 'sleep' mode, got up the next day, checked it and it had very little juice in it.

Why does it de-charge even if I don't play it?  I fully jucied it and took it with me on a weekend trip but never played it.  When I got back home on Monday, it was totally dead.  How is that possible?

How long should it play when fully juiced?  I think I'm lucky to get two hours.

How long have you had it? If it's relatively new, I'd return it. I charge mine through my PC, it doesn't take long at all. I've never noticed the battery draining when not used. i couldn't tell you how much play time I get, I charge it regularly. I did notice that the battery logo turns rad at around the 50% mark, I then had a 2 hour run and it was still going strong at the end.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
How long have you had it? If it's relatively new, I'd return it. I charge mine through my PC, it doesn't take long at all. I've never noticed the battery draining when not used. i couldn't tell you how much play time I get, I charge it regularly. I did notice that the battery logo turns rad at around the 50% mark, I then had a 2 hour run and it was still going strong at the end.

It's 1 month old.

It takes a good 3.5 hours to charge and I have to keep the laptop on, because if it goes into 'sleep' mode, it quits charging.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)

I only have the cable that allows me to charge it through my lap top.  Why the Eff does it take so long to charge?  Is it faster with an AC charger?

Also, if I'm not actually working on my laptop, it of course goes into 'sleep' mode and then apparently stops charging the Nano.  I hooked it up one night, went to bed, the laptop went into 'sleep' mode, got up the next day, checked it and it had very little juice in it.

Why does it de-charge even if I don't play it?  I fully jucied it and took it with me on a weekend trip but never played it.  When I got back home on Monday, it was totally dead.  How is that possible?

How long should it play when fully juiced?  I think I'm lucky to get two hours.

My wife tells me that putting her iPod on "hold" with that little switch at the top of the thing extends the life of the battery. I don't know if it does or not, but she is asking me to charge it for her less often.

It sounds like you have a defective iPod, though. I'd take it back if you still have warranty time left on it.

I downloaded that iPod Agent thing, but...

it told me I should uninstall iTunes to make sure it didn't delete my songs. So I did that, and when I tried to access the iPod Agent program, it told me it couldnt locate the iPod, and I needed to GO INTO ITUNES to set it so it would work. So I'm like fine, I'll reinstall iTunes. So I do, but then it says it's missing something so I should install iTunes again. I do that, and it says the same thing.

Essentially, I spent an hour on it, and only went backwards.

I hate being computer illiterate.